Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily Recorded time slot stopped

Beans

Daily Recorded time slot stopped

Hello,

I set my mythbuntu to manually record a time slot daily. This worked for about 2 weeks. Then it stopped altogether. At first I thought it was because of size but the recordings are set to auto expire plus I am nowhere near to a full drive 1.8 TB (1.6 TB free).

I noticed if I go back into Recording Schedules and re-save the manually record a daily time slot, it will record again but only show upcoming recordings for about 2 weeks. (IE I just set it before posting this and shows upcoming recordings until Thu Nov 8, 2012)

How do I set it to continuously record this time slot without stopping or going back to reactive?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Daily Recorded time slot stopped

theres only 2 weeks of EPG data is my guess why it only shows 2 weeks of upcoming recordings. I haven't done a manual tv schedule in a long time but are you sure you aren't missing a check box or something that tells it to always record this time slot every day.
    Check out my Blog about my life and computer software and hardware. http://ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com/
    My YouTube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by k7_madman View Post
    Hello,

I set my mythbuntu to manually record a time slot daily. This worked for about 2 weeks. Then it stopped altogether. At first I thought it was because of size but the recordings are set to auto expire plus I am nowhere near to a full drive 1.8 TB (1.6 TB free).

I noticed if I go back into Recording Schedules and re-save the manually record a daily time slot, it will record again but only show upcoming recordings for about 2 weeks. (IE I just set it before posting this and shows upcoming recordings until Thu Nov 8, 2012)

How do I set it to continuously record this time slot without stopping or going back to reactive?
    What EXACTLY is your recording rule?

Beans

I have my digital cable box going into PVR-150. My cable box tunes to the correct channel and outputs on channel 3. I have my recording set to channel 3 everyday in the same time period. One thing dannyboy79 did say. There is no EPG data...I have it set to record the same show so I don't have any real need for EPG...is it required to do a daily recording past 2 weeks? Is there a way to have it keep going?

Beans

I have my digital cable box going into PVR-150. My cable box tunes to the correct channel and outputs on channel 3. I have my recording set to channel 3 everyday in the same time period. One thing dannyboy79 did say. There is no EPG data...I have it set to record the same show so I don't have any real need for EPG...is it required to do a daily recording past 2 weeks? Is there a way to have it keep going?
    What EXACTLY is your recording rule.

Why do you have no EPG?

How does mythtv change the channel on the cable box?

Beans

I only record 1 show...the PBS new hour (kind of like npr for tv). I could actually watch the show online but the most recent shows are not on and I don't like the commercials.

Anyway the show is on the same time everyday. My cable box has a EPG, I can set it to tune to a certain channel at certain time (I guess this is for a old school vcr). So everyday the cable box is set to tune into correct channel/time.

I did have a schedule direct account at one time...but I didn't see the need to renew since I would be recording this one show.

Recording rule
    Record this program in this timeslot every day.
    Recording Profile: Default
    Transcoder:Autodetect
    Recording Group: Default
    Storage Group: Default
    Playback Group: Default
    Recording Priority: 0
    Duplicate Check method:None
    Check for duplicates in:All recordings
    Auto-expire recordings: (check)

Beans
    Distro

I only record 1 show...the PBS new hour (kind of like npr for tv). I could actually watch the show online but the most recent shows are not on and I don't like the commercials.

Anyway the show is on the same time everyday. My cable box has a EPG, I can set it to tune to a certain channel at certain time (I guess this is for a old school vcr). So everyday the cable box is set to tune into correct channel/time.

I did have a schedule direct account at one time...but I didn't see the need to renew since I would be recording this one show.

Recording rule
    that all looks good, and how long does it make it before this recording schedule is removed?
    Check out my Blog about my life and computer software and hardware. http://ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com/
    My YouTube channel:

Beans

Recording rule
    OK I see, I think you need a manual rule, rather than a custom rule. You r rule relies on finding that programme in that timeslot every day. If the EPG is not there it fails.

You can do a manual rule under mythweb, and I am sure the frontend will program one too, but I don't have a frontend near at present.

Beans
    Distro

that is a manual recording, NOT a custom recording. custom recording uses search terms etc.
    My YouTube channel:

Beans

Yea I tried to do a custom record but there is no place for me to select channel or time. With no EPG there is nothing to search for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast