Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite Music Player For Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What's Your Favorite Music Player For Linux?

For me, I was looking for something similar to foobar2000. So, after years of toying with the usual suspects like Rhythmbox, Banshee, Amarok and others, I found my faforite(s).

Currently I'm using 2 music players...

1) I've really grown to appreciate DeaDBeeF. A music player similar in user experience to foobar2000, but a bit more basic than that. The sound is fantastic and the included equalizer is spot on. While it ha s wide variety of plugins already included, I added the File Browser plugin for easy access to my music.

2) I really like Guayadeque Music Player as well. More feature-rich than DeaDBeef and highly customizable. Mpore of a cross between foobar2000 and WinAmp in my opinion. Excellent sound and a big plus for me was it's ability to scan and watch large music folders. I have an external drive with 252,000+ mp3, and it scanned and was ready to use in about three hours. While the others I mentioned in the introduction above either took days to to the same or continually crashed.

I like each enough that I really don't want to settle on just one. Depends on my mood, I suppose. Overall, I love both of these players and use each regularly.

DeaDBeeF:

Click image for full resolution

Guayadeque:

Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans

Re: What's Your Favorite Music Player For Linux?

Personally I really like clementine

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I really like Juk, and wish that covergloobus supported it.
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

scouser73 is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Wink Re: What's Your Favorite Music Player For Linux?

Used to like Guayadeque but moved on to Banshee, I think it's brilliant.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Amarok Amarok Amarok

It has more features than I can shake a stick at, is very easy to use, and looks great!
    Last edited by whatthefunk; October 27th, 2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: thumbnailed screenshot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thread moved to Recurring Discussions.

fwiw, I don't use a music player on my computer, the speakers are rubbish. I use logitechmediaserver instead which does have a web interface.

I do use guayadeque to do some other stuff, fetching the artwork, tagging etc. It is the only graphical application that managed to transcode my 33,000 + flac collection to mp3 in one go, without crashing. So if I did use one I would use it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nothingspecial; October 27th, 2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: There's no way I'd buy an album called Christmas Greetings, especially if it was by Kenny Rogers

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by nothingspecial View Post
    Edit: bah, I've done it again. I need to make it absolutely clear so nobody gets the wrong impression, that the album "Christmas Greetings" by Kenny Rogers shown in the screenshot is my wifes and has nothing to do with me. Thank you.
    The King Crimson album makes up for this even if the Kenny Rogers isnt your wifes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefunk View Post
    The King Crimson album makes up for this even if the Kenny Rogers isnt your wifes.
    Changed the screenshot

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefunk View Post
    Amarok Amarok Amarok

{snip}

It has more features than I can shake a stick at, is very easy to use, and looks great!
    does it work from your existing music directories -- or build its own database ??

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mike acker View Post
    does it work from your existing music directories -- or build its own database ??
    Yep. Upon starting the program it rescans the directories you select. If you put new music on your computer while its already open you can rescan your database and it will pick everything new up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast