Thread: ltsp: fat client with motion -> dropbox upload

Beans

ltsp: fat client with motion -> dropbox upload

hi all

I would like to install motion (http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/.../motion.1.html) on my ltsp fat clients, which actually works well. What I dont know is how to upload the created files via dropbox. Can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks
    Roberto

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: ltsp: fat client with motion -> dropbox upload

not sure what you are asking here. Don't you just have a dropbox folder you put the files in and they will automatically appear in the dropbox folder on the ltsp fat client? That's what dropbox does, keeps folders in sync.

Beans

I tried to install dropbox from within the fat client, but the user has no sufficient rights and I think it would get lost at reboot anyway. I tried to install from within the chroot, but that did not work. I installed it in the main (auto login) account on the server but you apparently can not inclued subfolders from other users accounts. I tried mount a nfs folder from the chroot for the fat client users to put the files somewhere within the files of the main account on the server so that its dropbox installation can upload it, but with no success...

Beans
    Distro

WOW, i guess I first need to understand exactly what you want to accomplish. I am not familiar with motion or ltsp fat clients but I familiar with dropbox, NFS, SMB, etc etc. Can't you just share the folder you put the motion files in thru NFS and then mount them on your fat clients machines using NFS client mounts? Maybe somewhere within /mnt/?

Beans

thats what I tried from within the chroot. but the client dit not keep the mount in fstab. fstab was empty on the client.

Beans
    Distro

and you followed this guide for NHF_HOME?
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ub...ients#NFS_HOME

Beans

thanks dannyboy79

in context to which of the ways I mentioned should I try it? I mean, what should I do or see after doing this? Cause I cant see any difference after doing it. And, should I do this procedere from within the fat client's account on th server?

thanks
    Roberto

Beans
    Distro

what ever folders/files are within the /home folder on your server should now be in the /home/ folder on your fat clients.

Beans

it seems to work.... hold on!

it works, you are the man!

I have been trying for hours and hours to find a solution the past 3 days. How can I reward you in here?

Thanks so much
    Roberto
    Last edited by roberto99; November 13th, 2012 at 10:56 PM.