Thread: anyone know of a how to use ubuntu phone document? or post?

Beans

anyone know of a how to use ubuntu phone document? or post?

So installed ubuntu phone on a spare galaxy nexus today. easy enough, even considering i'm not really much of a linux user.

i realize that it is only a preview / dev tool right now, but i feel like there should be some documentation of the basic methods of use someplace.

for anyone else in my situation, things i found out:
    -swipe from the left to get a menu bar
    -swipe from the icon you are interested in at the top to access things like wifi
    -keep on swiping if it doesn't listen to you, it will probably work after a few tries
    -the search/address bar for the browser comes up from the bottom of the screen, not visible without swiping from the bottom
    -at the bottom of the left swipe bar is a ubuntu logo, it brings you to "action pages" with storefronts, galleries, etc.

that's the sort of basic actions i am looking for instructions on. something i specifically need to know is how to close apps. i can see my "open apps" in what i call the action pages above. however, no matter how i tap,hold, swipe, wave my private parts at these open apps i cant seem to close them. as a result the battery lasts about an hour, unless i reboot the phone.

so, that tip in particular i need, but any other guides would be handy too. i'm thinking about using this as a ipod-ish device for the time being, and i am fine with it being unfinished, i just would like to know how to use the thing properly is all.

thanks for any advice.

-gravybat

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: anyone know of a how to use ubuntu phone document? or post?

1. Select the app you want to close (for example by swiping in from the right).
    2. Swipe up from the bottom to the circle with the icon in it that appears when swiping up.
    3. Your running apps are showed, with the currectly open one selected.
    4. Click the X to close that app.
    It does not work for me 100% of the time, but this is currently how it works.

Youtube demo's are a good source for finding out how to do things.
    That said, you've pretty much listed every option that I'm aware of already.

Imo they should focus on development and documentation along with the development rather then the user manual. If you want to run Touch in such an early state, some legwork is to be expected (no offence intended).