Thread: disabled touchpad active after suspend/resume on 12.04

Beans

disabled touchpad active after suspend/resume on 12.04

Hi,
    on my Thinkpad x121e I installed Xubuntu 12.04 and disabled the touchpad via Settings -> Settings Manager -> Mouse and Touchpad (xfce4-mouse-settings) only the trackpoint is in use.

Whenever I suspend the system the touchpad is active after resume and I cannot disable it again through the above tool.

Any suggestions?
    krimskrams

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: disabled touchpad active after suspend/resume on 12.04

I don't know the X121e, but on my T60 there is an option in the BIOS which allows me to enable/disable trackpoint and touchpad separately. It sounds as if you want to disable the touchpad permanently, so it may be worth to check your BIOS whether such an option exists.

Beans

Hi,
    I know hat BIOS Option Form my Txxx thinkpads, unfortunately the x121e does not allow to disable the touchpad in its BIOS.
    Krimskrams

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I have the same issue on an Asus EeePC 1015PEM.
    It includes an ETPS/2 Elantech touchpad. I also cannot disable it after suspend/resume.

A BIOS option wouldn't work in my case, as I only disable it when I plug in an external mouse or am going to be doing significant typing.

I'm on Xubuntu 12.04

**EDIT**
    After reading this bug report, I found that un/replugging my external mouse, the 'Mouse and Trackpad' utility let me disable my trackpad again. I think the two issues are related (trackpad indicator and this one)
    Last edited by jacobmar1ey; October 27th, 2012 at 02:16 AM. Reason: more information
    ...please be well
    --
    Xubuntu Natty (11.04) on an Asus EeePC 1015 PEM
    Ubuntu Natty (11.04) on an old AthlonXP 3000 & nVidia 6600GT (AGP)