I'd like to boot Ubuntu 12.10 on my Macbook Pro 5.1 (Mountain Lion) and set up a dual boot.
1. Ubuntu 12.10 (32 bit) USB Stick through Terminal (on OSX) (http://www.ubuntu.com/download/help/...ick-on-mac-osx)
=> Is not bootable (does not show any other boot device after holding Alt)
2. Ubuntu 12.10 (32 bit) USB Stick through Disk Tool on another Ubuntu machine
=> Is not bootable as well (does not show any other boot device after holding Alt)
3. Ubuntu 12.10 (32 bit) internal boot partition
used the commands form (1.) but copied the content of the image to an empty partition of my internal harddrive (i'm not sure about the format of the partition, any suggestions?)
=> partition does not appear as a boot device
4. Installed refit through Package Installer
=> refit doesn't show up
5. Installed refit through command line
=> refit dosen't show up
6. disabled Filefault2 and tried step 4 and 5 again
=> still no refit menu
(I tried more than 2 reboots after each fresh install of refit)
Some other facts:
- Internal OCZ 120gb SSD (Mountain Lion) with a 15gb partition for Ubuntu
- Replaced my cd drive with a 250gb hdd => so can't boot from cd
- Macbook Pro 5.1
I hope some of you have any ideas how to get a working dual boot or at least how to boot an ubuntu on my machine.
Thanks for your help!