Thread: Zoom 4411 Wifi adapter Detected on terminal but not on network manager (ubuntu 10.04)

Beans

Zoom 4411 Wifi adapter Detected on terminal but not on network manager (ubuntu 10.04)

I have a Zoom 4411 Wireless N usb adapter. Adapter works fine, tested on my computer which has ubuntu 12.04lts, and used to have a same one on 10.04lts, it was plug and play.

it will automatically detect it. However, now, on another computer although looks like it is detected (wlan0 appears on terminal)

and "wireless connection" appears on network manager. but it says disconnected and there is no SSID displayed to connect to.. It is very weird and i would like to know what could be wrong. Any information is greatly appreciated
    Thanks !

AFTER MAKING A LOT OF TESTING WITH DIFFERENT VERSIONS, AND TALKIING TO TECH SUPPORT, FOUND OUT THAT THERE WAS A KERNEL VERSION PROBLEM. I SOLVED IT BY UPGRADING THE WHOLE THING TO 12.04 LTS. HOWEVER, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO BE ABLE TO UPDATE JUST THE KERNEL! IF ANYBODY HAS ANY IDEA PLEASE SHARE. BEEN LOOKING BUT I THINK DIDNT FIND IT YET
    Last edited by sberniz; October 27th, 2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED!!!