Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Individuals: Join Linux Foundation !

Beans

Re: Individuals: Join Linux Foundation !

It's only $25 for students o_O, I'm tempted...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I just think the $99 should include the email address forever. Having to pay an extra $150 for the email address not to be lost seems pretty frustrating.

What if you start using the email address, it becomes your main point of contact/registration, then, you suddenly don't have the $99 for the next year or the $150 for keeping the email?

They don't even have to provide email space, just let you autoforward it to another email.

Just a thought.
    Desktop
    Antec 300 Illusion, Athlon II X4 640, 8GB DDR3 1333, EarthWatts430W, Radeon HD 6670 1GB
    Laptop
    Lenovo Thinkpad Z61T, T7200@2.00GHz, 2GB DDR2, 100gb HD, TPM Encryption

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I think this will be my Christmas donation this year - seems obvious to support the kernel over individual apps - not sure why I haven't thought of this before!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 15.10 Wily Werewolf

i signed up. the current offer for dell uk 2% for purchases up to £599, 5% up to £1299 and 8% above £1300. lenovo uk is £75 off (compared to normal prices) systems exluding x131. hp uk seems to be 15% off all laptops (but quite few have 10% off on the normal site).

i can't see 40% anywhere, but i imagine the offers vary.

all in all it looks like you break even on most laptops, though for some models you might do almost as well with normal deals. if you are buying several laptops, then its very good. if you take into account that $99 is going to LF then its great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12