Thread: Xonar Xense

Beans

Cool Xonar Xense

Yesterday I received a Xonar Xense sound card / pc350 headset for Christmas. After installing it in my computer and booting up, I quickly realized that the sound card's Linux compatibility is dubious at best. It's not actually listed on the Alsa website as being supported, but I was wondering if anyone else had this card and could manage to get it working in Ubuntu?

Thank you for any help and happy holidays!

Beans

Re: Xonar Xense

I've got the same card and no sound either.
    The Xonar Essence is almost the same card and it works, obviously we only need an alsa developer who gets his hands on the Xense and makes some small changes. Hopefully in the near future.

Beans

Any news on this? According to the ALSA Wiki there still is no driver. Have you tried OSS4?

I'm thinking about buying the card as the bundle seems perfect. Maybe I'd write a driver if I find the time.

Beans

Well, I must admit I only bought the bundle because of the card. With selling the headset on ebay it was cheaper than the Essence ST(X). The headset might be good for games, but for listening to music there are much better headphones out there, whereas the card is *really* good at it. So from my point of view, as there are still no Xense drivers for linux while the Essence ST(X) drivers are available for a long time, I'd go for the litte more expesive but more individual package of ST(X) + good headphones.
    On the other side... if you really gonna make some alsa drivers... buy it, pleeeeease!!!!

P.S.: The Xonar Essence/Xense cards have almost the same components. Audiophiles say the ST is slightly better than the STX is slightly better than the Xense, but I'm sure I couldn't hear a difference. The only difference that still matters are the missing Linux drivers for the Xense

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mauorrizze View Post
    Well, I must admit I only bought the bundle because of the card. With selling the headset on ebay it was cheaper than the Essence ST(X). The headset might be good for games, but for listening to music there are much better headphones out there, whereas the card is *really* good at it. So from my point of view, as there are still no Xense drivers for linux while the Essence ST(X) drivers are available for a long time, I'd go for the litte more expesive but more individual package of ST(X) + good headphones.
    On the other side... if you really gonna make some alsa drivers... buy it, pleeeeease!!!!

P.S.: The Xonar Essence/Xense cards have almost the same components. Audiophiles say the ST is slightly better than the STX is slightly better than the Xense, but I'm sure I couldn't hear a difference. The only difference that still matters are the missing Linux drivers for the Xense

Anything news? Dev of Alsa driver not respond at my mail... I want the support of Xonar Xense me too ! Please, somebody... :'(