Thread: UK Pre-installed Ubuntu Desktop Seller KamaTech.co.uk

Beans

UK Pre-installed Ubuntu Desktop Seller KamaTech.co.uk

Hi, a bit of shameless self-promotion here for our website where we've been selling our popular Ubuntu Pre-Loaded desktops.

We've been working with PCs and Ubuntu in particular for a few years now but we've only recently moved to online sales so please excuse the slightly minimalist approach to our web presence.

If anyone is looking for a low-cost Ubuntu pre-loaded machine please take a look at our site

Prices start from £234.99 with free shipping to all UK mainland addresses.

Beans

Re: UK Pre-installed Ubuntu Desktop Seller KamaTech.co.uk

Nice, cheap little box.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans

Thanks Dlambert

We're hoping to have more of our systems up there available for order soon including one that is a viable prospect for international shipping. If there's anyone looking at the site who we don't deliver to yet, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for new product/ availability announcements in future.

I'll drop posts in here as and when we have anything that I think might be of interest to announce too, but don't want to clutter the forum with marketing fluff unnecessarily.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Nice to see UK systems - you are a month or so late as far as I am concerned, I'd have been interested.

but don't want to clutter the forum with marketing fluff unnecessarily.
    a very good plan - keep to it please

Beans

Happy New Year everyone!

Just wanted to pop a quick update in here to let you all know we now have a new website up and two new systems to go with it. We've got a successor to our popular Sensei entry-level desktop plus our new "Ninja" gaming PC that includes Radeon HD7850 graphics and Steam pre-loaded.

If you're interested, just head over to KamaTech.co.uk to take a look.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

GREAT NEWS for the UK! - Think you'll have an order pretty soon from me!

Beans

Any chance you'll be doing laptops in the future with Ubuntu pre-loaded? If so, any chance they'll come with keyboards that have a "Ubuntu key" instead of a "Windows key"?

Beans

@layolayo - Thanks, we look forward to receiving your order

@ScottDeagan - I'm afraid we don't have any plans to sell laptops at the moment. We are hoping to be able to offer a bespoke Ubuntu keyboard as an option with our desktops in the near future though. It used to drive me mad having the Windows key on my desktop setup, I might be a bit OCD though...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KamaTech View Post
    ...able to offer a bespoke Ubuntu keyboard as an option with our desktops in the near future though. It used to drive me mad having the Windows key on my desktop setup, I might be a bit OCD though...
    I'd definitely be interested in such a keyboard if you sold it separately . I'm definitely OCD, and I'm very particular about my keyboards.

On another note, I love what you guys are doing. I wish there was more choice in the market, especially when it comes to laptops pre-loaded with Ubuntu (or any Linux distro for that matter). I like what System76 are doing over in the States. The only reason why I don't buy one of their laptops is because they have US keyboards (which would drive me nuts).