Thread: UK Pre-installed Ubuntu Desktop Seller KamaTech.co.uk

Beans

UK Pre-installed Ubuntu Desktop Seller KamaTech.co.uk

Hi, a bit of shameless self-promotion here for our website where we've been selling our popular Ubuntu Pre-Loaded desktops.

We've been working with PCs and Ubuntu in particular for a few years now but we've only recently moved to online sales so please excuse the slightly minimalist approach to our web presence.

If anyone is looking for a low-cost Ubuntu pre-loaded machine please take a look at our site

Prices start from £234.99 with free shipping to all UK mainland addresses.

Beans

Re: UK Pre-installed Ubuntu Desktop Seller KamaTech.co.uk

Nice, cheap little box.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans

Thanks Dlambert

We're hoping to have more of our systems up there available for order soon including one that is a viable prospect for international shipping. If there's anyone looking at the site who we don't deliver to yet, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for new product/ availability announcements in future.

I'll drop posts in here as and when we have anything that I think might be of interest to announce too, but don't want to clutter the forum with marketing fluff unnecessarily.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Nice to see UK systems - you are a month or so late as far as I am concerned, I'd have been interested.

but don't want to clutter the forum with marketing fluff unnecessarily.
    a very good plan - keep to it please
    Death was standing behind a lectern, poring over a map. He looked at Mort as if he wasn't entirely there.
    You haven't heard of the Bay of Mante, have you? he said.
    'No, sir,' said Mort.
    'Famous shipwreck there.'
    'Was there?'
    'There will be', said Death, 'if I can find the damn place.'

Beans

Happy New Year everyone!

Just wanted to pop a quick update in here to let you all know we now have a new website up and two new systems to go with it. We've got a successor to our popular Sensei entry-level desktop plus our new "Ninja" gaming PC that includes Radeon HD7850 graphics and Steam pre-loaded.

If you're interested, just head over to KamaTech.co.uk to take a look.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

GREAT NEWS for the UK! - Think you'll have an order pretty soon from me!

Beans

Any chance you'll be doing laptops in the future with Ubuntu pre-loaded? If so, any chance they'll come with keyboards that have a "Ubuntu key" instead of a "Windows key"?

Beans

@layolayo - Thanks, we look forward to receiving your order

@ScottDeagan - I'm afraid we don't have any plans to sell laptops at the moment. We are hoping to be able to offer a bespoke Ubuntu keyboard as an option with our desktops in the near future though. It used to drive me mad having the Windows key on my desktop setup, I might be a bit OCD though...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KamaTech View Post
    ...able to offer a bespoke Ubuntu keyboard as an option with our desktops in the near future though. It used to drive me mad having the Windows key on my desktop setup, I might be a bit OCD though...
    I'd definitely be interested in such a keyboard if you sold it separately . I'm definitely OCD, and I'm very particular about my keyboards.

On another note, I love what you guys are doing. I wish there was more choice in the market, especially when it comes to laptops pre-loaded with Ubuntu (or any Linux distro for that matter). I like what System76 are doing over in the States. The only reason why I don't buy one of their laptops is because they have US keyboards (which would drive me nuts).