Thread: Make Thunar act like 'cut and paste' instead of 'copy and paste' with drag and drop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Question Make Thunar act like 'cut and paste' instead of 'copy and paste' with drag and drop

Hi.

Is it possible to make Thunar act like 'cut and paste' instead of 'copy and paste' when doing a drag & drop from e.g. Desktop to Documents directory? I am using using Nautilus as my default file manager but Thunar still controls the Desktop folder.

Also, if I right click on the desktop and use 'cut and paste' into another folder -- it gives an error "Error moving file: No such file or directory".

Thanks.
    Last edited by Rytron; July 19th, 2013 at 09:46 AM.
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008
    GNU/Linux User #470660 – Ubuntu User #28226
    Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."

Beans

Re: Make Thunar act like 'cut and paste' instead of 'copy and paste' with drag and dr

bump.
    did you ever get this sorted? it does seem counterintuitive

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Make Thunar act like 'cut and paste' instead of 'copy and paste' with drag and dr

You mean besides holding shift, then drag and drop?

I notice that the edit menu in file manager has a "configure custom actions." I don't know what command you'd give, but that might be an option to explore.
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers