Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: fglrx in raring

Beans

Re: fglrx in raring

Into compiling I am already stuck at..

Code:
    make: ldconfig: Command not found
    make: *** [binary] Error 127
    dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
    I don't know if it matter but I wasn't able to install dh-modialiases for the compilation.

Appreciate any thought.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Are you sure you should be trying this? The log is pretty straightforward as to which executable is missing.

I'm not going to answer any more as I don't think it's a good use of either of our time. You need to learn to search the web (e.g. using Google) and the Debian forums first, rather than posting every issue that crops up. At school did you raise your hand every time you couldn't do something? Or did you try and work it out yourself first?

(Aside: most pupils raise their hands at the first sign of difficulty. This requires the teacher to realise this isn't a good thing and promote a little independence and resilience in the pupils.)

Also remember that this forum is for the development version of Ubuntu. For example, I could suggest making sure you have build-essential installed - but is the Ubuntu version the same as the Debian version? You're running Wheezy, which is moving towards stable, and has various software several versions behind Raring.
    1) ASUS GL702ZC: Ryzen 1700, 32GB, RX580, MATE@Manjaro-x64
    2) Lenovo X230: Core i5-3320M, 4GB, Intel HD4000, Intel 6205, MATE@Manjaro-x64
    3) MSI GT70: i7-3650, 16GB, GTX680M, MATE@Manjaro-x64

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jfernyhough View Post
    Are you sure you should be trying this? The log is pretty straightforward as to which executable is missing.

I'm not going to answer any more as I don't think it's a good use of either of our time. You need to learn to search the web (e.g. using Google) and the Debian forums first, rather than posting every issue that crops up. At school did you raise your hand every time you couldn't do something? Or did you try and work it out yourself first?

(Aside: most pupils raise their hands at the first sign of difficulty. This requires the teacher to realise this isn't a good thing and promote a little independence and resilience in the pupils.)

Also remember that this forum is for the development version of Ubuntu. For example, I could suggest making sure you have build-essential installed - but is the Ubuntu version the same as the Debian version? You're running Wheezy, which is moving towards stable, and has various software several versions behind Raring.

Thank you very much for your so polite and kind reply. Really, you almost got me cry!
    I will no respond to all you allegations cuz it's senseless for me.
    Just one point.. a forum, whatever forum, is supposed to be a place of help and mutual collaboration and those who join it supposed to have this spirit, not making judgments but donating themselves for share knowledge, as I do in other forums where I help FYI.
    For sure you do not represent all the users of this forum and maybe you are not in a good day... anyway.. chill out bud.. the life is too short to get freak and **** out with every breath.
    But.......... THANKS anyway for your collaboration!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@erickwill, this is the wrong sub-forum for what you are trying to do. We are here to discuss the development of Raring Ringail, Ubuntu and it's derivatives. For what you are trying to do, Other OS/Distro Talk, is probably a much better place to discuss what you want to do.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    @erickwill, this is the wrong sub-forum for what you are trying to do. We are here to discuss the development of Raring Ringail, Ubuntu and it's derivatives. For what you are trying to do, Other OS/Distro Talk, is probably a much better place to discuss what you want to do.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro

OK, people, 13.1 is out:
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/am...x86.x86_64.zip

Release notes:
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...easeNotes.aspx

Selected highlights follow:

System Requirements:
    Before attempting to install the AMD Catalyst Linux software suite, the following software must be installed:

• Xorg/Xserver 6.9 and above (up to 1.13)
    • Linux kernel 2.6 or above (up to 3.5)
    • glibc version 2.2 or 2.3
    • POSIX Shared Memory (/dev/shm) support is required for 3D applications

New Features:
    The following section provides a summary of new features in this driver version.

• XServer 1.13 support
    • Ubuntu 12.10 Production Support

Resolved Issues:
    This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst Linux software suite.

• [368958]: Driver release version is added to GL_VERSION
    • [367282]: Bblank VGA display after resume from suspend
    • [367245]: X crash for AMD PowerXpress™ A+I High-Performance mode on Ubuntu 12.10
    • [366820] Performance of Valve Linux games
    • [366805]: Segmentation fault when exit QtOpenGL applications such as AMD CodeXL
    • [366425]: Xserver getting exit upon resume from suspend on RHEL 5.8
    • [364107]: VariBright not working when change AMD PowerPlay™ settings in AMD Catalust Control Center:LE
    • [363638]: VariBright doesn’t work after resume from suspend on "Trinity" platform
    • [350759]: Flickering cursor when run some full-screen OpenGL games with CrossFire enabled
    • [347895]: OpenGL performance on "Southern Islands" ASICs
    • [344996]: 16 re-frames doesn’t work for H.264 @Level 5.1
    • [337240]: Corruption when resize the Konsole window
    • [304016]: One display goes black after changing from multi-display desktop from single independent

Known Issues:
    The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced with the AMD Catalyst Linux software suite.

• [356966]: Tearing appears at the top/left corner with monitor rotation + Vsync is enabled
    • [350671]: Corruption may be experienced when running Unigine Tropics 1.3
    • [341497]: OpenGL Bitmap performance may be impacted in certain situations

My status:
    Downloading
    Extracting
    Trying a --buildpkg. DKMS error. S'prise.
    Trying to add in the Ubuntu patches from the latest repo version. => module builds, no DKMS errors, depmod completes.Reboot, seems fine.
    Last edited by jfernyhough; January 18th, 2013 at 02:27 AM.

Beans
    Distro

13.1 with kernel 3.7/3.8 support

This time a slightly modified method to take advantage of the existing patches.

1) Extract driver packages
    2) Add in Ubuntu patches for 3.7 and 3.8 support
    3) Build
    4) Install
    5) Reboot

1) Download and extract:
    Code:
    $ cd ~/temp
    $ wget http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-linux-x86.x86_64.zip
    $ unzip amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-linux-x86.x86_64.zip
    $ sh ./amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-linux-x86.x86_64.run --extract amd
    2) Add patches for 3.7 and 3.8 kernel support:
    Code:
    $ wget https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/fglrx-installer_9.010-0ubuntu2.debian.tar.gz
    Now open the zip and extract the files in dkms/patches to ~/temp/amd/packages/Ubuntu/dists/[source and quantal]/dkms/patches/
    Both source and quantal probably isn't needed, it's a catch-all until I test one or the other.

Extract "dkms.conf.in" to ~/temp/amd/packages/Ubuntu/dists/[source and quantal]/

3) Build:
    Code:
    $ cd ~/temp/amd
    $ ./ati-installer.sh 9.012 --buildpkg Ubuntu/raring
    4) Install:
    Code:
    $ cd ..
    $ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
    5) Reboot. Use your favourite method.
    Last edited by jfernyhough; January 19th, 2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: unzip, run

Beans

Re: 13.1 with kernel 3.7/3.8 support

Quote Originally Posted by jfernyhough View Post
    [/code]5) Reboot. Use your favourite method.
    How dare you leave me hanging! How do I reboot?

Thanks for the info on the new version. I am way too caught up in work to keep track of this stuff so it really makes it easy for me. Much appreciated.

edit: Its working well for my with my HD 6870. Just a couple notes: amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-linux-x86.x86_64.sh should be amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-linux-x86.x86_64.run and for some reason gunzip gave me an unknown extension error so I just used unzip. Otherwise your installation instructions are spot on. Thanks again.
    Last edited by MadNachos; January 19th, 2013 at 04:45 AM. Reason: added info

Beans
    Distro

Thanks, updated my instructions.

Beans

Hey thanks for the guide very straight forward for 13.1 But I am having a problem here. After I do all the steps you mention with no errors. When I boot up linux i get a low graphic mode screen. I use
    sudo amdconfig --initial
    then reboot but cant seem to get drivers up and running checked
    sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    on reboot and fglrx is in there just dont know what is going on. Oh prob would help If i said I use a 6620g+6750m switchable graphic combo in my laptop

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast