Thread: Nautilus drag & drop

Beans

Nautilus drag & drop

Since installing 12.10, I've noticed that draggin files with Nautilus does not allways trigger copy of the dragged file or folder.

Sometimes I have to drag the item 4-5 times before anything happens. I did a full reinstall of my machine to rule out any upgrade problems. Also tried installing Nautilus 3.6, and it suffers from the same problem.

Its not that the drag&drop events are not fired, because Unity dims the launcher icons as it should, and dropping the item on the launcher works every time. Its just inside Nautilus the problem occures.

Anyone experienced this problem ? I've search launchpad for any similar bug report, but havent found one yet.

Beans

Re: Nautilus drag & drop

I'm having the same issue. It would seem that waiting for a bit in the destination window before releasing the button improves results somewhat. Or maybe I'm imagining things. Regardless, it's very annoying.

Beans
    Hidden!

Also seeing the problem here. Copy and paste works every time, but drag'n'drop is very flaky.

Beans

I'm having the same issue--Nautilis will 'open' the folder that I'm trying to drag a file to for about .5 seconds, and if I don't drop in that time frame, the file can no longer be dragged to any other folder.

Trying to master the quick drag, but it's tough to make it work at all, so I'm just doing all my file moving through the command line (and, being a noob, deleted a bunch of my files that way).

Beans

I have the same problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I have the same problem, it's very frustrating and annoying.

However, I don't think this is just a Nautilus problem. I think this is related to the mouse behaviour because I've noticed the same problem in Gedit. For example, if I already have a Gedit window open and I drag a text file into the Gedit window, I have to hold it there for a couple seconds before I can drop the file for Gedit to open.
    Last edited by jdorenbush; April 25th, 2013 at 04:09 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Just want to mention that this is still happening in 13.04.