Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: libreoffice incredibly buggy in 12.10?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: libreoffice incredibly buggy in 12.10?

I've opened 15 documents (.doc and .odt) with right click in Nautilus (default association is set to AOO on my system). No problem so far, even after a while.

With LO 3.6.2.2 on Quetzal and Gnome 3.6.0.

If you change the font in the View options, does it help?
    Ubuntu user # 14396

Beans

Hagar Delest, thanks for making the tests.

Actually this bug became less important to me, as another, much more serious, caused by kernel update (3.7), brought me serious trouble with video driver. I'm able to live with LibreOffice bugs, I'll wait for a new version and hope they stop to occur.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...g/+bug/1084523

Beans

My bug seems to be that the menus in LO appear but don't work, i.e., File -> Save does not work when clicked on. For me the solution was to restart LO and not having to reboot... yet.
    Last edited by kevinr1; December 4th, 2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: wrong message

Beans

I have two machines with Ubuntu. One has 12.10 amd64 and the other has i386. Both versions have a very buggy LibreOffice. LOs crash all the time, respond very late, you cannot even scroll down in a document without having a problem. Most of the problems are to be seen in the Writer.

On the both machines I removed the LO (3.6.2etc) that came default and installed a newer version from the LO (3.6.3) website. And, that was it. It works perfect now.

Of course, Ubuntu has to fix the problem. But, I really cannot deal with it and spend my time to find some solutions on Google.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

No problem here with stock Libre Office, except for known issues 1) no hotkey acces to main menu (e.g. Alt+F to open the file menu); workaround: I removed global menu, and 2) after some time, instances of LibreOffice are not anymore attached to a locked LO icon, but appear as a separate icon (that, at least, is fully functional; workaround: no locked LO icons in the launcher for now. With these two workarounds, I am left with a stable LO on 12.10.

Beans

There are other people experiencing the same problem:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2074308

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234