Thread: XFCE4 Power manager 1.0.11 bugs

Beans

XFCE4 Power manager 1.0.11 bugs

Hi,

I've just installed Xubuntu 12 on my laptop and I've couple of problems with xfce4-power-manager 1.0.11. It doesn't recognize when is cable unplugged (so it keep saying "charging") and it also displays two icons at my top bar - one of them is right - battery, the second one is just red circle - missing icon, but when I right click on it, it gives me same offer as the battery does.
    I tried to reinstall it, but it doesn't work. And I don't find any other power manager, which can be used instead of this one.
    Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: XFCE4 Power manager 1.0.11 bugs

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Can you provide more information about your laptop? The make and model would be helpful.

Also, can you open a terminal window, issue the following commands and post back the results:
    Code:
    ls /proc/acpi/battery
    Code:
    pastebinit /var/log/dmesg
    ...this will return a link where a copy of your dmesg log file will be uploaded to. Please post back this link so we can have a look at that log file.

Beans

Thanks for answer.
    My laptop is Samsung 530U (version with SSD disk). Today I reinstalled Xubuntu and the problem is still same.

Here is the output of pastebinit:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1298598/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

It looks like this is a known bug. Please refer to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...pi/+bug/971061.