Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intel 4965AGN Wireless not working after upgrade to 12.10

Beans

Re: Intel 4965AGN Wireless not working after upgrade to 12.10

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Something like attached, perhaps. You should look for 'linux-image-3.5.0-xx.' I recommend the latest, that is, the highest number. Once you select it, I'd also select 'linux-image-generic' with a matching version.
    THANK YOU very much as I will look for the Linux image tonight after work! Cross your fingers for me that this will resolve my problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Cross your fingers for me that this will resolve my problem.
    Done!
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Something like attached, perhaps. You should look for 'linux-image-3.5.0-xx.' I recommend the latest, that is, the highest number. Once you select it, I'd also select 'linux-image-generic' with a matching version.
    I did find the 3.5.0.18 kernel, installed it and booting with it, I still get the error when attempting to connect to wireless. My GRUB Menu will not refresh even though I tried several different things.

I agree with your earlier comment in that the 12.10 upgrade from 12.04 went sour.

I'm going to pursue a fresh install of 12.10 once I get a good backup of my current data.

Thanks for ALL your HELP!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm going to pursue a fresh install of 12.10 once I get a good backup of my current data.
    I hope it will work well for you. Post back if your wireless isn't working as expected. We'll be glad to help you.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123