Thread: Not enough room in root during 12.10 upgrade

Beans

<solved>Not enough room in root during 12.10 upgrade

Sorry my first post is asking for help!

During the 12.10 upgrade I had a failure saying that there was insufficent room in root, not unusual I always take all the updates and after a couple of Linux updates get this. I have a procedure to deal with it using some comands in terminal.

The problem I have is that I couldn't get out of the prcess giving the error message it just kept cycling around, I couldn't run my normal process as it said another routine had control! The same with Synaptic.

In the end I gave up and created a live CD, can boot from this fine but no matter what I try I can not get rid of the extra files in Root. Tried booting normally but it goes to Grub Resue and I can't seem to get any of the advice here working for that either.

I expect that this is dealt with already on the forum but I cannot find the right search to get to it.

Help, please.

Have managed to solve this myself sort of.

Found a reference else where to using Nautilus by using gksudo natilus, I could then use this to delete the extra files in root, not sure this is totally desirable as you could delete important file but it made room.

I then ran boot-repair that I found details for and I now have a machine I can use although I am not happy with the way it is working I can at least use it now.
    Last edited by stroudwaterboy; October 22nd, 2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Fixed