Thread: Article: Mozilla opens Firefox Marketplace, brings apps to Aurora on Android

Beans

Article: Mozilla opens Firefox Marketplace, brings apps to Aurora on Android

Hello -

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/...roid-20121019/
    Looking to get a taste of Firefox OS but don’t have a spare phone to try it out on? You can get a pretty good idea at what part of the experience will be like by installing the latest Firefox Aurora release on your Android smartphone or tablet (or HDMI stick, too). Mozilla has thrown open the doors to the Firefox Marketplace, and enthusiastic testers have already begun installing apps.

You’ll need to create a Persona account first, and then grab the Firefox Aurora APK from Mozilla’s servers. Once it’s installed, just point Aurora to marketplace.mozilla.org to browse through the apps. It looks — and behaves — like pretty much any other modern app store out there.
    Carlos
    Last edited by cfg83; October 20th, 2012 at 06:38 AM.

Beans

Re: Article: Mozilla opens Firefox Marketplace, brings apps to Aurora on Android

interesting, I think I'll try that tomorrow. Last time I installed a firefox app on my phone it sucked really bad though.

Beans

Re: Article: Mozilla opens Firefox Marketplace, brings apps to Aurora on Android

Quote Originally Posted by mr john View Post
    interesting, I think I'll try that tomorrow. Last time I installed a firefox app on my phone it sucked really bad though.
    When was the last time? I know a while ago it sucked, but it seems like maybe 3-6 months ago, they released a really good update, and since that, it's been really good, good enough to become my default Android browser.
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Welcome to the brand new Mobile Technology Forum section
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I like what y'all've done with the place. = )

Even the difference between the current Firefox release and Aurora is quite tangible - I found Firefox irritating, Aurora far less so. It's still not as nice as Chrome for regular browsing, but it does some things Chrome doesn't, and it's quite usable.