Thread: Guide: Upgrade Ubuntu from 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin to 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Beans

Guide: Upgrade Ubuntu from 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin to 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hi,

I wrote a little step-by-step guide with screenshots to illustrate the upgrade process from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin to 12.10 Quantal Quetzal very precisely.

I hope this screenshot-guide is of some help to the ones here wanting to get to know the process of the upgrade to the latest (and IMHO greatest) version of Ubuntu

http://www.maknesium.de/guide-upgrad...uantal-quetzal

I am looking forward to your feedback!

Maknesium

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Guide: Upgrade Ubuntu from 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin to 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hi!, maknesium,

Great Guide!!

It will surely help and remove worries for those not familiar with the update process.

Especially welcome, the tip for stopping the mass of stupid Amazon adverts when you search Dash for say 'drivers'.

May I suggest you also add a tip for those looking for the Additional Drivers program if they have driver problems. It is now integrated as a Tab in Software Sources. [ Accessible from Software Updater>Settings and System Settings.]

Chao!, bogan,
    "Better Solutions may bring Worsened Problems": After Lao Tse, b. circa 405BC. a contemporary of Confucius, who died circa 600BC.
    They did things differently in those days, apparently!!

Beans

Re: Guide: Upgrade Ubuntu from 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin to 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    May I suggest you also add a tip for those looking for the Additional Drivers program if they have driver problems. It is now integrated as a Tab in Software Sources. [ Accessible from Software Updater>Settings and System Settings.]

Chao!, bogan,

Thanks bogan! I will include your tip in the entry at bottom!

Done