Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Ubuntu 12.10 installation stops after "preparing to install ubuntu screen"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    35

    Ubuntu 12.10 installation stops after "preparing to install ubuntu screen"

    Hi guys I have downloaded the Iso file and checked the md5checksum and everything OK,
    Firstly I burn it into a dvd and try to install it when I press the "continue" button in this screen http://www.ubuntu.com/sites/www.ubun...-install-2.jpg

    the installation process stops, then I burn it again into a usb flash and the same problem happen again
    any help please ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Venezuela
    Beans
    45
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Ubuntu 12.10 installation stops after "preparing to install ubuntu screen"

    Yep, having the same problem. Downloaded it twice, burn it on dvd-r and a dvd-rw and the same thing. This is getting me pissed off. I'll try the Ubuntu Gnome Remix 12.10 and see how it goes...
    Using Ubuntu 11.04, Linux Mint 10 & Windows7
    Linux Registered user #485739

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Beans
    18

    Re: Ubuntu 12.10 installation stops after "preparing to install ubuntu screen"

    I guess I found the solution! Some says to uninstall the ubiquity-slideshow-** But for me did not solve!

    searching on /var/log/syslog I found:

    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.442743] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [2] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.474750] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [17] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.506740] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [25] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.542737] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [1] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.574754] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [24] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.639601] camerasrc-real-[8840]: segfault at 8 ip 00007f136781f338 sp 00007f134c939b38 error 4 in libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0[7f13677cc000+de000]
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.642756] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [8] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.674790] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [31] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: Exception during installation:
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: Traceback (most recent call last):
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: File "/usr/share/ubiquity/install.py", line 712, in <module>
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: install.run()
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: File "/usr/share/ubiquity/install.py", line 107, in run
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: 'START', self.start, self.end, 'ubiquity/install/title')
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/debconf.py", line 62, in <lambda>
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: lambda *args, **kw: self.command(command, *args, **kw))
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/debconf.py", line 67, in command
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: self.write.flush()
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py:

    The problem was not the slideshow itself, it was the "take picture" function after user and password configs...

    So, I tricked the system opening the GUVCViewer (an webcam viewer); Somehow they compete to get the webcam resource, and then I can move forward flawlessly...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Beans
    18

    Re: Ubuntu 12.10 installation stops after "preparing to install ubuntu screen"

    I forgot to say: I'm on Lubuntu 12.10 amd64

    I guess you guys with ubuntu will need to search the default webcam viewer or install the GUVCViewer

    I guess tricking the system not to recognize the webcam will also work.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    35

    Re: Ubuntu 12.10 installation stops after "preparing to install ubuntu screen"

    Quote Originally Posted by sysmatck View Post
    I guess I found the solution! Some says to uninstall the ubiquity-slideshow-** But for me did not solve!

    searching on /var/log/syslog I found:

    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.442743] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [2] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.474750] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [17] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.506740] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [25] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.542737] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [1] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.574754] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [24] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.639601] camerasrc-real-[8840]: segfault at 8 ip 00007f136781f338 sp 00007f134c939b38 error 4 in libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0[7f13677cc000+de000]
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.642756] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [8] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:13 lubuntu kernel: [ 2079.674790] gspca_main: ISOC data error: [31] len=0, status=-71
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: Exception during installation:
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: Traceback (most recent call last):
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: File "/usr/share/ubiquity/install.py", line 712, in <module>
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: install.run()
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: File "/usr/share/ubiquity/install.py", line 107, in run
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: 'START', self.start, self.end, 'ubiquity/install/title')
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/debconf.py", line 62, in <lambda>
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: lambda *args, **kw: self.command(command, *args, **kw))
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/debconf.py", line 67, in command
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: self.write.flush()
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py: IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
    Oct 19 15:59:25 lubuntu install.py:

    The problem was not the slideshow itself, it was the "take picture" function after user and password configs...

    So, I tricked the system opening the GUVCViewer (an webcam viewer); Somehow they compete to get the webcam resource, and then I can move forward flawlessly...
    thanks guys for your replies ,

    I did uninstall "ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu"
    then install GUVCViewer and open it , the webcam was recognized then I try to install ubuntu and the same problem happen

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Beans
    18

    Re: Ubuntu 12.10 installation stops after "preparing to install ubuntu screen"

    Try to disable the webcam...
    see: http://askubuntu.com/questions/16680...able-my-webcam

    ps: I did not test, because my installation worked!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    35

    Re: Ubuntu 12.10 installation stops after "preparing to install ubuntu screen"

    Quote Originally Posted by sysmatck View Post
    Try to disable the webcam...
    see: http://askubuntu.com/questions/16680...able-my-webcam

    ps: I did not test, because my installation worked!
    Thanks for reply but unfortuntly it's not working too, I think it's not a webcam problem BTW I attached the syslog file (I had to compress it because of attatchments issues ) so you can see it.
    Note: I plug another usb flash memory to take that file
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

    Re: Ubuntu 12.10 installation stops after "preparing to install ubuntu screen"

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson2006 View Post
    Yep, having the same problem. Downloaded it twice, burn it on dvd-r and a dvd-rw and the same thing. This is getting me pissed off. I'll try the Ubuntu Gnome Remix 12.10 and see how it goes...
    I tried Xubuntu....but just the same.....failing on the wifi setup screen.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    35

    Re: Ubuntu 12.10 installation stops after "preparing to install ubuntu screen"

    anyone have a solution ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

    Re: Ubuntu 12.10 installation stops after "preparing to install ubuntu screen"

    Yeh....I'm still waiting as well. Never happened on any other release I've used.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •