Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Quantal (12.10) Known bugs and work arounds

Beans

Question Re: Quantal (12.10) Know bugs and work arounds

Hello Friends!

I've got a little problem after getting the upgrade. Sometimes the white little arrow before a shortcut on the launcher starts blinking rapidly for no reason I am aware of, so it locks the system. If I succeed to quit the programme, the same things happens to another, so at the end it only lasts for me to restart the system. Are there any solutions for that?

Thanks a lot!

Best.

wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Re: Quantal (12.10) Know bugs and work arounds

Quote Originally Posted by Sandor1 View Post
    Hello Friends!

Sometimes the white little arrow before a shortcut on the launcher starts blinking rapidly for no reason I am aware of, so it locks the system.
    This happened to me last weekend or the week before. A Compiz update the following Monday fixed it. Try fully updating again and reboot.

Beans

I had a major issue trying to install google earth in a fresh 12.10 wubi install.
    it seems that when doing a 12.10 only install and not a 12.04 upgrade you loose ia32-libs-multiarch files causeing google earth/wine and skype to name a few to not be able to be installed .Here is a link to the the thread . i hope this helps someone else to not loose as much hair as i did.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2100827

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Online accounts crashes when trying to log into facebook, twitter and flikr, gmail works fine.

When I try to enter user name I get logged out.
    | Corsair Carbide Series® 300R | Intel Core i5 650@3.20Ghz| OCZ-Vertex3 120 Gb SSD | Western Digital 640 Gb HDD | Western Digital 1 Tb HDD |
    |Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Extreme | Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 | Windows 10 Pro |

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by tad1073 View Post
    Online accounts crashes when trying to log into facebook, twitter and flikr, gmail works fine.

When I try to enter user name I get logged out.
    That sounds like something you should open a thread in general help for. This is for problems and the known workaround for that problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    That sounds like something you should open a thread in general help for. This is for problems and the known workaround for that problem.
    gotcha
    | Corsair Carbide Series® 300R | Intel Core i5 650@3.20Ghz| OCZ-Vertex3 120 Gb SSD | Western Digital 640 Gb HDD | Western Digital 1 Tb HDD |
    |Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Extreme | Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 | Windows 10 Pro |

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by timgood View Post
    If you are suffering distorted 'scratchy' sound with Skype 4 you can fix it by:
    Code:
    gksu gedit /etc/pulse/default.pa
    and changing the line: load-module module-udev-detect
    to: load-module module-udev-detect tsched=0

Sound will be OK after reboot.

Hope this helps.
    Worked like a charm!!! Thanks!!

Beans

If you have a HP G6 Pavilion laptop you may run into an issue when attempting to install. Particularly, the screen will lock because of the way the kernel tries to load a fancy boot screen but the graphics can't load it (as far as I understand the problem)

Solution:
    1) Restart and load DVD and hit space as soon as you see a keyboard sign.

2) Select language and press F6, you need to select nomodeset: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132

3) Continue to install but bare in mind that after you install you must edit the grub at boot. Select ubuntu from the Grub boot menu, press the edit key(E) and add after see the link I posted above.

4) When you have installed and got booted into your graphical interface, apply any updates, then go to "software sources" -> "additional drivers" and select a proprietary drives from the list. (The open driver was too slow for me).

5) Once it installs the driver, restart and you should be enjoying Ubuntu 12.10.
    Last edited by ryanormrod; February 13th, 2013 at 10:07 PM.

Beans

Can't seem to get any partition program to function.. GParted doesn't work within Quantal ambient..

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by tkruise View Post
    Can't seem to get any partition program to function.. GParted doesn't work within Quantal ambient..
    Please create your own new Thread, probably best in the Absolute Beginners forum, and give your set-up details, and which "partition programs" are affected.

This is a thread for describing work-arounds and solutions for Known BUGS, AS THE TITLE SAYS.

bogan.
    "Better Solutions may bring Worsened Problems": After Lao Tse, b. circa 405BC. a contemporary of Confucius, who died circa 600BC.
    They did things differently in those days, apparently!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast