Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trash Icon Gone...

Beans

Trash Icon Gone...

Sorry guys if its a repost.

I am new to Ubuntu, using Ubuntu 12.04. What happened is that i right clicked the trash icon, clicked the icon and changed it to some icon i downloaded from internet. After changing it, i realized that i does not work properly. I since yday, i have been trying to change it back to the default icon. I deleted the downloaded icon and now it shows just a white icon. (attached). I am using Gnome Shell and selected icone theme is Unity icon theme.

I have already tried trash properties, click in icon, click revert. No good...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Trash Icon Gone...

Have you removed the icon from the desktop in advanced settings , changed icon sets and then reactivated the icon. ? You may want to logout and in after deactivating the icon.

Trash along with the battery icon include a number of images so there is an animation . As you have learned replacing a single icon won't work .
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    Have you removed the icon from the desktop in advanced settings , changed icon sets and then reactivated the icon. ? You may want to logout and in after deactivating the icon.

Trash along with the battery icon include a number of images so there is an animation . As you have learned replacing a single icon won't work .
    Yes i have tried changing icon theme from advance settings, turned off the trash icon from desktop, logout then again login, turned trash icon on desktop on. But still nothing. its shows the same white blank icon.

Changing icon theme changes every single icon, except trash...

Beans
    Distro

When you enter properties > file system usr/share/icons are you sure you have entered the folder of the icon set you are using? . I just checked my current set which stores the trash icon in the status folder. There are two images one for full one empty which would be default.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The only thing I can suggest is switching themes as well, try ALL of them, reboot if you have to. I have not found the location of the icon as I have been looking in usr/share/icons for awhile now xD

Beans

Thanks for reply,

So, i went to trash properties, click on icon and navigate to "/usr/share/icons/" went through all folder and sub folders. There are status folders but none of them have trash empty, only trash full.

I am going to downloading another icon set to check if that helps.

Beans

Okay, tried installing new icon theme. Still nothing, every single icon changes, except trash...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by valroadie View Post
    The only thing I can suggest is switching themes as well, try ALL of them, reboot if you have to. I have not found the location of the icon as I have been looking in usr/share/icons for awhile now xD
    Sorry, i didn't see your post.

I have tried switching icon themes and shell theme. Nothing...

Everything changes, except trash... Really frustrated...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Well, it's probably a long shot and might have nothing to do with restoring the icon but try reinstalling nautilus. I have read a lot of things about nautilus causing icon troubles like showing a full trash when empty and vice versa. Hope it helps! I am fresh out of ideas Unless maybe download the default icon for the trash of your theme and placing it in the default location...hm?

Beans
    Distro

Location of the icons varies by set .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast