Thread: ftp breaks wifi

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

ftp breaks wifi

Whenever I use an ftp client (gftp and FileZilla mostly), eventually my wifi connection breaks.

I have to disconnect the router from the power supply, wait a couple of seconds and plug it in again. Sometimes network manager reconnects automatically, sometimes I have to reconnect manually and at other times I have to log off and on again before I can reconnect. The symptoms are very similar to this bug, but exclusively happen while I have an ftp connection established.

The only other instance of my problem I could find is someone ftping into his x-box.

I use a D-LINK DSL-G624T router (which I learned to hate pretty soon),
    lspci reports

Code:
    03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02)
    and I (still) am on ubuntu 7.10.

Anybody with the same problem or an idea how to fix it even? Thank you.

Update: So I bought a cable, so the problem is still there, so uploads just break the bloody router?
    Last edited by seul; September 7th, 2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: fixed broken x-box link

Beans

Re: ftp breaks wifi

http://xkcd.com/979/

You and I right now buddy... You and I. Did you ever find a solution?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: ftp breaks wifi

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.