Thread: HDMI audio off on suspend. Precise regression.

Beans

HDMI audio off on suspend. Precise regression.

On 11.10 everything worked fine. After updating to 12.04 I now have a problem with HDMI audio missing after suspend, the sound preferences show that I have HDMI audio selected but I have no audio until I reconnect the HDMI cable (or restart X).

I'm kinda sad because this was already working and the update broke it. What could have gone wrong?
    perl -e 'use List::Util shuffle;$_=join ",", shuffle qw(menu : minimize maximize close);s/,?:,?/:/;system "gconftool-2 --set /apps/metacity/general/button_layout $_ --type string"'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HDMI audio off on suspend. Precise regression.

I'm also suffering from the same issue... No HDMI audio after suspend.... I have to reboot...

Any updates on this? I have a similar issue with 12.04 if I turn my TV off and then back on I lose audio. Video stays, just no audio...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Similar issues for me (although I'm running 12.04 w/ a Myth combined frontend / backend).

Fwiw, a simple log-out / log-in seems to do the trick, but it's still annoying.

I believe that the kernel update from last week or so seemed to make the problem less persistent but it still exists.

Beans

Suffering from this too and am running lubuntu.