Thread: Posts waiting for approval should still be available to the user who submits

Beans

Posts waiting for approval should still be available to the user who submits

Greetings everyone.

I recently submited a thread in the tutorials section. This is a moderated area and, of course, the threads have to be approved by the moderators. But while I'm waiting, I wanted to keep that data for myself as reference.

So I thought about what happens meanwhile an user is waiting for an approval. I think the thread should be visible to her/him so she/he can keep her/his content. She/He can't edit the info while being subjected to moderation, but it's her/his data and should be treated as such.

I lack the experience on this because I'm not regularly posting here, so maybe I'm overlapping things and missing things that are already present. If that's the case, ignore this. In any case, I think this is an important issue and must be addressed (it it hasn't been already).

With gratitude,
    Henrique Maia

Beans

Re: Posts waiting for approval should still be available to the user who submits

Up. Out of curiosity. Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Posts waiting for approval should still be available to the user who submits

The whole tutorial section has been under consideration for some months.

Have a read of the sticky in that forum.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    The whole tutorial section has been under consideration for some months.

Have a read of the sticky in that forum.
    Thanks for your reply. I will put this on the back of my mind.

Is it possible to recover my submited post? I lost my backup copy. Thanks.
    Last edited by henriquemaia; October 20th, 2012 at 08:22 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

In fact it has now been further discussed and will now be shut to new threads, any threads due for moderation will be dealt with in a short while.