Thread: flash plug-in no audio

Beans

flash plug-in no audio

Hi,
    I've just upgraded from Oneiric to Precise.
    I have problems with the flash plugin.

If I use the package adobe-flashplugin or the package flashplugin-installer I can get the video but not the sound.

If I use the package browser-plugin-gnash I can get both video and audio, but the flash plug-in verions is old: 10.1 against the last 11.2

Has someone experienced the same problem?

Thank you.

Beans

Re: flash plug-in no audio

Hello,
    I have a different issue, but I think that we could share our experiences.
    I installed Ubuntu Studio (but I also tried Lubuntu with the same results) and I have the (I think, but I'm not sure) browser-plugin-gnash installed, and old version that can't work properly on YouTube.

When I try to install the flashplugin-installer, the about : plugins page of both Firefox and Chromium correctly shows that there is (only) the flashplugin but then every video shows "the plugin could not be loaded" and the crash notify appears on my panel.

I think that in both our different cases, we should remove completely the browser-plugin-gnash... I'm going to try today.

Thank you and let's keep in touch!

Beans

If I completly remove the package browser-plugin-gnash and I install the package adobe-flashplugin, I have the same problem: the audio doesn't work!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by robbofolle View Post
    If I completly remove the package browser-plugin-gnash and I install the package adobe-flashplugin, I have the same problem: the audio doesn't work!!
    And does the audio itself work? can you hear an mp3 for example?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Install flash-aid for firefox. I have never had any problems with that installed.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

assuming your music player gives you sound this fixed it for me
    Code:
    sudo sh -c 'echo "pcm.pulse {\ntype pulse\n}\nctl.pulse {\ntype pulse\n}\npcm.!default {\ntype pulse\n}\nctl.!default {\ntype pulse\n}" >> /etc/asound.conf'
    Last edited by pqwoerituytrueiwoq; October 17th, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans

Hello,

I tried flash-aid with all the options, but it works only with gnash!!!

My music player gives sound, anyway I tried what pqwoerituytrueiwoq wrote, but nothing changed: gnash works but it's an old flash palyer, adobe flash palyers are able to play video, but they are not able to play sound.

P.S.: I use pulseaudio.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Do you happen to have more than one soundcard? I've had this problem with two sound cards because Adobe flash only works with sound card 0 and the system default usually assigns the wrong indices for the way I have my system set up (I don't use the built-in sound on my motherboard). The solution in that case is to modify /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf to assign the correct indices. In my case, I've added the lines

options snd-virtuoso index=0
    options snd-hda-intel index=1

just before the comment
    # Prevent abnormal drivers from grabbing index 0

Beans

Thank you all, but the right solution for my case was the one posted by acrider!!!
    Now it works!!