Thread: Starcraft 2 Resoultion Problems

Beans

Starcraft 2 Resoultion Problems

Hi there,

This is my first post, and I'm hoping this is the correct section to be posting in.
    I've recently (yesterday) installed ubuntu 12.04 after getting fed up with Windows. I have installed Wine, Winetricks and PlayOnLinux. I updated Wine to version 1.5. I downloaded and executed the Starcraft 2 client, and allowed it to install.

My problem is that when I attempt to play the game, my resolution is ungodly. Everything is squished. I have looked at some solutions online, but I've found nothing that addresses the exact problems that I'm facing. Upon opening the game, since the resolution is squished, my mouse mapping is also altered. I have to move the mouse around my screen until a button in the game highlights, letting me know that my mouse is technically over that button, even though it's no where near where it says it should be. (Sorry if that's confusing.. in short, the mouse mapping is very off.) However, when I go in to options, there are 3 options for me to choose in the video section: Windowed, Windowed (Fullscreen) and Fullscreen. I've tried choosing all three, and nothing seems to fix the mouse mapping. On top of that, if I choose full screen, below where you select your resolution, it tells me that there is no resolution suggested for my setup.

I'm quite sure this has a lot to do with the fact that I'm using two monitors.

My main monitor is actually a TV (32in), and to the left of that I have an actual PC monitor set up (20in I believe). I am using Twinview, as to make one long monitor.

Can anyone give me a bit of direction as to where I can start to try to fix this issue of mouse mapping? The keyboard works fine, it's just the resolution and mouse. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

jc

Beans

Re: Starcraft 2 Resoultion Problems

Hoping bumps are allowed