Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost firefox-globalmenu add-on, I think...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Lost firefox-globalmenu add-on, I think...

I had the same problem with Nightly and the Nasa Night Launch theme. The problem was resolved with an update. I know to get that theme to work on Nightly you have to force compatibility (not recommended) and so was not surprised when the problem occurred.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by tupfzom View Post
    There's still no change to the situation, is there? (At least not for me.)
    The recent updates for Firefox Nightly has long fixed the problems for me. Make sure you are using the PPA and have also updated your computer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by jokerdino View Post
    The recent updates for Firefox Nightly has long fixed the problems for me. Make sure you are using the PPA and have also updated your computer.
    Yes, the problem is gone. Everything back to normal!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Red face Re: Lost firefox-globalmenu add-on, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    I had the same problem with Nightly and the Nasa Night Launch theme. The problem was resolved with an update. I know to get that theme to work on Nightly you have to force compatibility (not recommended) and so was not surprised when the problem occurred.
    Well, the problem's fixed already, but I use the NASA Night Launch theme, too. It says that "This Add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox," but the developer himself says that he tries to keep up with the Nightlies, and, in fact, encourages users to use it:
    IMPORTANT NOTE - 2012-10-20

AMO is stating "not available for Firefox 19.0" -- referring to the latest Firefox nightly, meaning it will presumably also state "not available for Firefox 20.0" and so on as nightly Firefox version numbers are bumped up -- but in fact we are compatible with nightly builds, including Firefox 19.0. I'm using NNL with nightly Firefox for my everyday browsing, and if you're willing to use work-in-progress versions of Firefox, which nightlies are, then you can also use this theme with them. Just ignore the "not available" message and click on through to install.

Thanks to everyone who, like me, is using NNL with nightlies and for reporting any problems you may find.
    I'm using that theme with the Nightly builds, but I have one last question: the tabs look too Windows-ish. Would it be possible for somebody to whip up some slightly more Ubuntu-ish tab sprites? I have a pretty good idea of how to customize themes on Linux, as I've done it on Windows...

Beans
    Distro

Interesting, the problem returned after the last update (Firefox 17)...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by tupfzom View Post
    Interesting, the problem returned after the last update (Firefox 17)...
    That's strange. I'm using the Nightly build, which is currently at 19.0a1, and I don't have that problem anymore.
    Perhaps it was a version 17 issue that never got fixed, and now it's hitting the stable release channels. That would be strange, but perhaps possible.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheAwesomeDude View Post
    I'm using the Nightly build, which is currently at 19.0a1, and I don't have that problem anymore.
    Perhaps it was a version 17 issue that never got fixed, and now it's hitting the stable release channels.
    I'm using the Beta channel. There was an update yesterday (I believe) "within" version 17. Before the update, it worked, but now it doesn't.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Talking Re: Lost firefox-globalmenu add-on, I think...

Ah-ha.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install firefox-globalmenu
    ...and for Nightly:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install firefox-trunk-globalmenu
    Apparently I've found the one situation in which Windows provides more low-level hardware access than Linux…
    https://unix.stackexchange.com/q/446088/26420

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12