Thread: Fedora 17 LXDE and laptop touchpads

Beans

Fedora 17 LXDE and laptop touchpads

I already posted this at the Fedora forums but I figured I would try here as well. If someone over there finds a solution first I will of course post it here and mark this thread solved. Anyway,

After some searching I was able to make the touchpad itself work, but I am not sure how to make LXDE see the right side of the pad as a scrolling device. I would also like to know if there is a way to have the touchpad automatically disable when typing.

This is for my grandmother's computer. I switched her to Xubuntu from Windows XP years ago, but when I couldn't get Xubuntu 12.04 to boot this year I installed Fedora 17 LXDE instead. She is liking the switch except for the lack of scrolling and the fact that she constantly accidentally bumps the touchpad when typing, causing her to move the cursor somewhere else and place her text in the wrong spot.

These seem to be the only two features from Xubuntu that she misses, but if I can't restore them I think I will have to go back to a *buntu. She is as novice as can possibly be and is easily frustrated when using a computer (she just turned 69 years old and this 6 year old laptop is the first and only computer she has ever owned).

I don't currently have access to the laptop so I don't have the specifications or any other information about the machine, but if any solutions require me to I can go to her house and continue giving information from there.

Thanks,
    Jason
    ---------------
    http://the-board.info/

My site. Come visit me.

Beans

Re: Fedora 17 LXDE and laptop touchpads

In three days time xubuntu 12.10 will be out so maybe give that a try.

Beans

Re: Fedora 17 LXDE and laptop touchpads

---------------
    http://the-board.info/

My site. Come visit me.