Thread: Enabling wireless connection after reboot without password authinication

Beans

Enabling wireless connection after reboot without password authinication

Hi all,
    I'm running ubuntu 10.04 on an old desktop as a remote (very remote ) server. and i use a usb wireless dongle for network connection.
    The problem is that the server freezes sometimes because of hardware problems, mostly because the wireless dongle just stops working, i tried many things on the wireless side but it did not solve the problem.
    What i need is just a temporary solution until my next visit to the server, because now i keep on asking somebody to go and restart it for me.

The problem is that when i reboot the server it asks for authentication, so if i was to automate the reboot process using a shell script i would need to disable password authentication or the server wont connect to the network... How does one do that? also is there a safer solution?

BTW i tried automatic login but it still asks for the login password before it can connect!

Thanks a lot
    big_mu5
    Last edited by big_mu5; October 15th, 2012 at 08:08 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Enabling wireless connection after reboot without password authinication

If you have a gui, just open a terminal and type:

Code:
    seahorse
    and blank your keyring password.

Beans

Re: Enabling wireless connection after reboot without password authinication

Thanks cariboo907, that worked for me