Thread: Can't Change Launcher Icon Order

Beans

Can't Change Launcher Icon Order

I cannot change the order of the icons on my launcher. Super annoying because I used to be able to just drag and drop icons to different points on the launcher. Now, whenever I add a new icon to the launcher it is added to the bottom.

This is not ideal. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and Unity 2D. I have recently updated.

Thanks,

S

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Can't Change Launcher Icon Order

Quote Originally Posted by stanbx View Post
    I cannot change the order of the icons on my launcher. Super annoying because I used to be able to just drag and drop icons to different points on the launcher. Now, whenever I add a new icon to the launcher it is added to the bottom.

This is not ideal. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and Unity 2D. I have recently updated.

Thanks,

S
    You cannot click and hold to drag? Im just trying to get some more info. You need to hold down the left mouse button 1 or 2 seconds for it to become move-able.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Insomn1a View Post
    You cannot click and hold to drag? Im just trying to get some more info. You need to hold down the left mouse button 1 or 2 seconds for it to become move-able.
    Well... this is embarrassing. And maybe explains why I didn't get many responses.

That did work. I swear that at some point the behavior changed because it does not feel the same as it was when I initially installed the build.

Anyhow... thank you very much for explaining that. You've saved me an untold amount of scrolling to get to my favorite programs.

Thanks!

S

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by stanbx View Post
    Well... this is embarrassing. And maybe explains why I didn't get many responses.

That did work. I swear that at some point the behavior changed because it does not feel the same as it was when I initially installed the build.

Anyhow... thank you very much for explaining that. You've saved me an untold amount of scrolling to get to my favorite programs.

Thanks!

S
    no worries lol, if you can mark this thread solved that would be good as well.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

i had the same problem and it solved it for me too, easy to mark as [solved].

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

btw I found a nifty trick - you can fire up dconf editor, and move the entry 'unity://running-apps' to the front of the list. This will make all new programs open at the top, except the ones already locked to the panel.
    Cheers