Thread: error running foobar2000 installer in wine

Beans

error running foobar2000 installer in wine

Hello all,

I've been using ubuntu as a trial on a small laptop for some months. I just bought a new system and decided to try and migrate to ubuntu permanently. ATM I've set up a dual booting system with win7 and ubuntu 12.04 LTS which runs sweetly. I'm looking to find replacements for all software I'm used to on windows. Foobar2000 doesn't seem to have any equivalent though so I tried running it in wine. When I try and run the .exe to install it though I get the message

error: access denied

I've tried searching different fora for an answer to what might cause this but came up with no solutions. Is this a known issue? can it be helped easily?

cheers S

Beans

Re: error running foobar2000 installer in wine

As I expected the answer was pretty obvious. I somehow forgot to check the Allow executing file as a program box in the properties of the foobar2000 installation file properties. Now it's running sweetly with some minor graphical glitches.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Not completely the same as Foobar2000, but check out Clementine. It's light on system resources, and allows you to manage and play practically any audio file.

http://www.clementine-player.org/
    Holding a LAN party? Check out LAN Party Mania (detailed LAN information for games)
    http://lanpartymania.com

Beans

Thanks for the tip. I've tried clementine today and some of the features I really like. I'll still have to check out the transcoding, tagging and cd ripping functions but if those are all in order I'm sold. I especially like the way it's integrated in ubuntu and the instant song and artist info. I will be missing the foobar visualization though. I love looking at music