Thread: Can you run Andriod Apps on my Ubuntu Laptop

Beans

Can you run Andriod Apps on my Ubuntu Laptop

I was wondering if I could run some of the Andriod games on my Ubuntu laptop. I tried searching the forums and found some references to the Andriod SDK but it all seemed like a foreign language to my non-techie brain.

Can you do this and if so, are their "newbie directions" someone can point me to?

Beans

Re: Can you run Andriod Apps on my Ubuntu Laptop

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    It does seem quite an active link, with comments dated October 2012.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Not exactly an answer to your specific question, but you can get an iso of the android full OS which will run as a live system, and can be installed if you wish, from Android-x86 - iso files.

I have tried the asus RC2 version on a netbook (MSI) which I use but only as a live system, where it seems to run very fast, though it does have a few glitches with some of the default apps which suddenly turn to landscape aspect, ie, on their side even though the mouse movements are still in portrait. That makes mouse control extremely difficult.

I have no idea if it's possible to download and add extra apps to the system, live or installed, but thought you might like to know about this just in case it is any use to you.