Thread: Trouble with boot & software centre

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Angry Trouble with boot & software centre

G'Day, I'm having trouble with the grub boot loader, I have to go to advanced /repair broken packages to get it to boot, then I try to install Synaptic through the software center and I get available from universe (what ever that is) so I click n the "use this source" button the progress indicator starts then stops, clicked on the indicator and went to the details page which showed 3 download bars but nothing happened, left it for about an hour but still nothing, had to reboot, via advanced option, then tried to upgrade via terminal nothing, just sudo apt-get upgrade /password nothing
    regards Miykel
    It's nice to be here, and at my age it's nice to be anywhere

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Trouble with boot & software centre

you probably need to activate the network first when you boot into recovery mode, then select the root console access to update and check for errors.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Trouble with boot & software centre

Finally got upgrade to work BUT now it won't boot into the new kernel BUT will now boot into the old Kernel (?????) PLUS the software center work now (???)
    Tried the recovery mode in the new kernel, repair broken packages, no good, that don't work, have to have a play with it tomorrow.
    Thanks for the reply Dino 99,
    regards Miykel
    It's nice to be here, and at my age it's nice to be anywhere