Thread: Wine Fullscreen Gaming

Beans

Wine Fullscreen Gaming

I know there is possibility of another thread being somewhere, however I went through several pages and couldn't find an answer for my question. I am running Lucid Lynx (Ubuntu 10.04) and I have an Nvidia graphics card. Rather than use the propritery driver I downloaded the the latest Linux release from the nvidia site so that it would be up to date. The native proprietry driver didn't work for me so I needed to download the latest one. I am also running wine 1.2.2. Now what I want to know is how when I'm playing a game (more specifically Jedi Academy), how can I get wine to go from windowed to full screen. I tried changing the desktop emulation settings to that of my screen resolution, but that didn't do anything. Any help is very much appreciated.
    Careless acts have caused a scar, it won't be the last of many, some of which may never heal.

Linux makes for simply the best O/S.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Wine Fullscreen Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Einder View Post
    I know there is possibility of another thread being somewhere, however I went through several pages and couldn't find an answer for my question. I am running Lucid Lynx (Ubuntu 10.04) and I have an Nvidia graphics card. Rather than use the propritery driver I downloaded the the latest Linux release from the nvidia site so that it would be up to date. The native proprietry driver didn't work for me so I needed to download the latest one. I am also running wine 1.2.2. Now what I want to know is how when I'm playing a game (more specifically Jedi Academy), how can I get wine to go from windowed to full screen. I tried changing the desktop emulation settings to that of my screen resolution, but that didn't do anything. Any help is very much appreciated.
    Have you tried to set the fullscreen mode from the game? (It works like that, example with WoW)
    Your font type is insane to read on my screen and makes my eyes bleed.

Beans

apparently I just needed to reboot :S....sorry
    Careless acts have caused a scar, it won't be the last of many, some of which may never heal.

Linux makes for simply the best O/S.

Beans

I know this has already been solved, but for anyone else wanting to quickly switch fullscreen mode, the keyboard shortcut Alt+Enter works in most games.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

In 12.10, when trying to launch Starcraft (+ Brood Wars), the Launcher menu is visible, which covers the mini map and other things. This is really annoying, as the game seems to be fully playable overall. The Alt+Enter trick doesn't help here.
    Has anyone seen this and maybe has a solution? Thanks.
    PGP public key: 0xB39B0BA9

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.