Thread: System76 device driver

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

System76 device driver

I re-installed Ubuntu 12.04.1 64 bit LTS and I proceeded to upgrade to Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit Beta 2 or Release Candidate earlier this week. I noticed that I have no proprietary drivers installed in the Additional Drivers section in the Ubuntu Software Center settings. I also noticed that my System76 device driver tells me that I am using an unsupported version of Ubuntu and that I should contact System76 for more information.

Am I correct to assume that System76 will push out an update to its System76 device driver on October 18th, 2012 when Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit is officially released? What do I need to do after that date? Just re-install it and restore my system and reboot?

Please advise. Thank you.

Beans
    Distro

Re: System76 device driver

I just installed the System76 Device Driver version 3.2.0 on my System76 Lemur Ultra Thin (lemu4) notebook PC. I still don't see any proprietary device drivers installed in the Additional Drivers section in the Ubuntu Software Center settings. I restored my system and I installed the drivers and I rebooted my PC several times.

What's going on here?

Beans
    Distro

sudo apt-get install mesa-utils. Now, Ubuntu says that I have Intel Ivybridge Mobile as my graphics and the standard experience.

I am waiting for System76 to respond to my original support ticket on their website.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi Welly.

That's normal. There shouldn't be any proprietary drivers on our current laptops. The 3.0.0 version of the driver didn't have support built in for 12.10. 3.2 added this support.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!