Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gnome desktop question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Gnome desktop question

You first need to install the User Themes extension to get this functionality.

Just install the extension then restart Gnome Shell (ALT+F2 then r then Enter).
    Cheesemill

Beans

Yes I am aware, however I have only had Gnome3 fully functional once and it was short lived. I have not re-loaded the os yet because it is murder on a tethered connection. Thanks for the input on everything. If I do in fact have the same problem upon a new installation, would it be a bad thing to start a new thread? I know that over at the Ask Ubntu forum they get all bent about that and spend more time policing the forum than answering questions, which is why I am now here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

If you have the same problem with a new installation start a net thread . If you install again add the synaptic package manager and check for Gnome Shell Extensions there. I write this because on my 12.10 installation the basic extensions such as user themes were available from the official repository.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

Thanks for all of the help. I will know more tomorrow when I reload, but I think I got my answer a couple of posts above. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12