Thread: eBay Pictures

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question eBay Pictures

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for your help!

Here is the transcript of an email I sent to eBay support...

Hello eBay,
    I am having difficulty uploading a picture of an item that I would like to sell.
    I have not had a problem in the past. I use a Toshiba PC running Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.

At first I tried using Google Chrome and there was button to get the uploader (only asked for the URL of the image).
    So, I switched to Firefox and there was no problem, I could upload a picture ok. Recently, when trying to make another ebay listing using Firefox, the uploader does not work?!
    I select the picture from my computer, click upload, it uploads and I get a message (in green) Uploaded Successfully!
    But the picture does not show up in the original page where I am entering the item's details and in the uploader there is no 'OK' button to proceed.
    I have tried using a previous uploaded picture to check if there may be a problem with the picture that I would like to use but 'no luck'...

Please help!
    Last edited by jwkungfu; October 13th, 2012 at 09:23 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: eBay Pictures

On another forum I frequent, it has been reported that Firefox 16.0.1 does not work on Windows 7 to upload pictures from either a camera or the local hard drive to eBay, but Firefox 11 worked. Do you have either an old copy of Firefox, or access to Debian's Iceweasel?

Beans

Re: eBay Pictures

I would suggest using a photo uploader, such as imgur to try and see if it will work. Then using chrome type the direct link.