Thread: usb boot with (Slacko)

Beans

usb boot with (Slacko)

I've been trying to place Puppy Linux (Slacko) on a usb stick. Everything seems to go fine until I restart and it says it couldn't find the file: Linux and leaves me with a "Boot:" on the screen. I've done it twice on two different usb sticks and it won't work and yet it's going fine running off the disc I burned it too which is what I'm running when I do the usb save.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: usb boot with (Slacko)

Moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.

Beans

Re: usb boot with (Slacko)

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspain View Post
    I've been trying to place Puppy Linux (Slacko) on a usb stick. Everything seems to go fine until I restart and it says it couldn't find the file: Linux and leaves me with a "Boot:" on the screen. I've done it twice on two different usb sticks and it won't work and yet it's going fine running off the disc I burned it too which is what I'm running when I do the usb save.
    What did you use to install Slacko to your USB stick? Unetbootin? other? Puppy Linux has a universal installer, but I prefer to do a manual frugal install.

I've done a frugal install of Slacko to a USB stick. There are a few youtube videos that show you how. I use Grub4Dos as my bootloader.