Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install Dansguardian on a single desktop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: HOWTO: Install Dansguardian on a single desktop

Your welcome Jmehdi. I really appreciate you taking out the time and effort to make these modifications. Another reason why OSS is so brilliant. Please let me know if i can help with anything. Seriously, I just want to get involved as much as possible.

Damn jmehdi you move fast... Yep the new version definitely works with sidux... Now stop start and restart buttons are working flawlessly. Thanks homie.

Thanks also for replying to the firefox question. Thats what i figured that it was useless for this tutorial. It would be nice to see a webstrict version for the tutorial(without the firefox buttons since the tutorial filters regardless of browser used). it would be nice but I don't think its a must since this version works so well.

In reference to the log buttons.
    /var/log/dansguardian shows the following files;
    access.log access.log.1 access.log.2

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by houms View Post
    In reference to the log buttons.
    /var/log/dansguardian shows the following files;
    access.log access.log.1 access.log.2
    Strange, in my code I just check if the "/var/log/dansguardian/access.log" file exists and open it. Do you have a specific error?
    For the HTML log files you should have files in "/var/log/dansguardian/html"

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jmehdi View Post
    Strange, in my code I just check if the "/var/log/dansguardian/access.log" file exists and open it. Do you have a specific error?
    For the HTML log files you should have files in "/var/log/dansguardian/html"
    I don't get any errors. The buttons don't do anything. by that I mean when pressed nothing happens... The access log when listed as text neither buttons do anything.... I do not have /var/log/dansguardian/html
    my /var/log/dansguardian/access.log does show entries.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by houms View Post
    I don't get any errors. The buttons don't do anything. by that I mean when pressed nothing happens... The access log when listed as text neither buttons do anything.... I do not have /var/log/dansguardian/html
    my /var/log/dansguardian/access.log does show entries.
    Which version of java do you use?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jmehdi View Post
    Which version of java do you use?
    apt-show-versions sun-java6-jre
    sun-java6-jre/sid uptodate 6-06-1

apt-show-versions sun-java6-bin
    sun-java6-bin/sid uptodate 6-06-1

apt-show-versions sun-java6-plugin
    sun-java6-plugin/sid uptodate 6-06-1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Followed the instructions on the very first post and it works like a charm. Thank you very much!

Beans

Hi!
    I've been trying Ubuntu and UbuntuCE for some days, and am really impressed. Will probably switch from Windows for most of my computers. Unfortunately my kids love games that only run on Windows...

As far as I can see this thread describes how to install the same functionality as is default in UbuntuCE. I'm searching for information on something similar. What I want is:
    * have all internet traffic from my home network pass through an Ubuntu installation so that the traffic will be filtered by Dansguardian, without having to adjust proxy-settings on the other computers in my house. Basically all traffic should pass, but if Dansguardian finds a page with bad content it should display it's normal STOP-page with a bypass-link.

I've tried with Firestarter and DHCP3-server to get the internet connection sharing. That works but then Dansguardian does not block any more.

Thankful for any thoughts on this

Roald

Beans

You have to set the gateway to that of the machine running Dansguardian. I.E. if your proxy server is 192.168.1.3 set the gateway to 192.168.1.3
    Borris
    __________________________________________________ __

"If at first it doesn't work... install, install, install again."

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by cspaz View Post
    Can you get just the gui frond end? I've followed the above howto and have dansguardian working properly, but a gui tool for configuration would be nice.
    I use webmin to configure dansguardian. Works very nicely.

Beans

I'm having some trouble. First, when I get to the part where I type:

Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure dansguardian
    ...I get this message:

Code:
     * Stopping DansGuardian dansguardian      [ OK ] 
     * Starting DansGuardian dansguardian

Error connecting to parent proxy

invoke-rc.d: initscript dansguardian, action "start" failed.   [fail]

I tried to just go on with the rest of it and hope it would come together at the end, but when I run the restarts of all three, dansguardian and tinyproxy restart fine, but firehol gives me this:

Code:
     * Restarting Firewall configuration                                            

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ERROR   : # 1.
    WHAT    : A runtime command failed to execute (returned error 2).
    SOURCE  : line INIT of /etc/firehol/firehol.conf
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world -p tcp -m state '' --state NEW \! --syn -j pr_world_nosyn 
    OUTPUT  : 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ERROR   : # 2.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_all_c1 -m state '' --state NEW\,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 3.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_all_c1 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 4.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_irc_c2 -p tcp --sport 32768:61000 --dport 6667 -m state '' --state NEW\,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 5.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_irc_c2 -p tcp --sport 6667 --dport 32768:61000 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 6.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_ftp_c3 -p tcp --sport 32768:61000 --dport ftp -m state '' --state NEW\,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 7.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_ftp_c3 -p tcp --sport ftp --dport 32768:61000 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 8.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_ftp_c3 -p tcp --sport ftp-data --dport 32768:61000 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED\,RELATED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 9.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_ftp_c3 -p tcp --sport 32768:61000 --dport ftp-data -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 10.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_ftp_c3 -p tcp --sport 32768:61000 --dport 1000:65535 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED\,RELATED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 11.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_ftp_c3 -p tcp --sport 1000:65535 --dport 32768:61000 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 12.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_cups_s4 -p tcp --sport 1000:65535 --dport 631 -m state '' --state NEW\,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 13.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_cups_s4 -p tcp --sport 631 --dport 1000:65535 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 14.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_cups_s4 -p tcp --sport 631 --dport 631 -m state '' --state NEW\,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 15.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_cups_s4 -p tcp --sport 631 --dport 631 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 16.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_cups_s4 -p udp --sport 1000:65535 --dport 631 -m state '' --state NEW\,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 17.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_cups_s4 -p udp --sport 631 --dport 1000:65535 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 18.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_cups_s4 -p udp --sport 631 --dport 631 -m state '' --state NEW\,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 19.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_cups_s4 -p udp --sport 631 --dport 631 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 20.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_all_c5 -m state '' --state NEW\,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 21.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_all_c5 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 22.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_irc_c6 -p tcp --sport 32768:61000 --dport 6667 -m state '' --state NEW\,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 23.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_irc_c6 -p tcp --sport 6667 --dport 32768:61000 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 24.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_ftp_c7 -p tcp --sport 32768:61000 --dport ftp -m state '' --state NEW\,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 25.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_ftp_c7 -p tcp --sport ftp --dport 32768:61000 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 26.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_ftp_c7 -p tcp --sport ftp-data --dport 32768:61000 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED\,RELATED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 27.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_ftp_c7 -p tcp --sport 32768:61000 --dport ftp-data -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 28.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world_ftp_c7 -p tcp --sport 32768:61000 --dport 1000:65535 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED\,RELATED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 29.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world_ftp_c7 -p tcp --sport 1000:65535 --dport 32768:61000 -m state '' --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 30.
    SOURCE  : line FIN of /etc/firehol/firehol.conf
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_world -m state '' --state RELATED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 31.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A out_world -m state '' --state RELATED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 32.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A INPUT -m state '' --state RELATED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 33.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A OUTPUT -m state '' --state RELATED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

ERROR   : # 34.
    COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -m state '' --state RELATED -j ACCEPT 
    OUTPUT  : 

[fail]
    What am I doing wrong?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast