Thread: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 as a graphics tablet for Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 as a graphics tablet for Ubuntu

I got my hands on Galaxy Note 10.1. Currently, there's no app on Android that can transform this tablet to graphics tablet to use with PC or Ubuntu. I have no knowledge about Android development at all, nor I have knowledge about desktop program development. All I have about coding is HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, which I believe doesn't relate to this kind of staff.

Now, how can I help make it possible? Or how can I develop my own and very first app ever? Thanks.

This thread's discussing about this issue >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1869803

NOTE : Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1's digitizer IS a Wacom digitizer.
    Last edited by Kreaninw; October 11th, 2012 at 05:38 PM.

Beans

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 as a graphics tablet for Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Kreaninw View Post
    I got my hands on Galaxy Note 10.1. Currently, there's no app on Android that can transform this tablet to graphics tablet to use with PC or Ubuntu. I have no knowledge about Android development at all, nor I have knowledge about desktop program development. All I have about coding is HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, which I believe doesn't relate to this kind of staff.

Now, how can I help make it possible? Or how can I develop my own and very first app ever? Thanks.

This thread's discussing about this issue >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1869803

NOTE : Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1's digitizer IS a Wacom digitizer.

Well, php is the only code That I can think of, that is used for web development, that is similar to software development coding. You might need to learn some c++ when it comes to designing apps for Android.

The algorithms are similar to php if you already know that. So the concept might be easier to learn for you, atleast in my opinion.

Beans

You'll have to do quite a bit of programming on both the handheld device as well as the computer. And as you've guessed already, this is different from the web development platform. But the previous poster is right in saying that as long as your conception is correct, you should be able to implement the algorithms in any language.

PS: This is actually a very good idea! I'd love to see an app like that being realized.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Redzky View Post
    You might need to learn some c++ when it comes to designing apps for Android.
    *facedesk*

What he meant to say was java. And look into Phonegap api. Phonegap lets you use html, js, and css to do the frontend of an android app, the backend being java, as most of android as a whole is written in it. *wags finger @ Redzky*

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Arrow Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 as a graphics tablet for Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Interius View Post
    *facedesk*

What he meant to say was java. And look into Phonegap api. Phonegap lets you use html, js, and css to do the frontend of an android app, the backend being java, as most of android as a whole is written in it. *wags finger @ Redzky*
    http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.2.0/gu...with%20Android