I rotated my screen to the right using xrandr (xrandr --rotate right). I am now trying to make this permanent, but after logging out or rebooting, my screen is rotated back to the original position.
I tried the following, as suggested by google and other posts:
- put the command in ~/.xprofile, ~/.xsession, ~/.xinitrc and ~/.profile
- add a session-setup-script in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
- add a display-setup-script in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
- add the command to the list of autostart applications
- create a file /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45custom_xrandr-settings with the command
- add the command to /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
None of these worked, the only result I had was that the screen was rotated at login, but immediately reverted to the original position after login with the session-setup-script and autostart methods.
I am using xubuntu 12.04 on an intel atom N270 with intel graphics.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this working?