Thread: Wubi and Xen

Beans

Wubi and Xen

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there was a Xen enabled Wubi kernel out there. I'd like to play with some domU's I've seen floating around, and I'm currently using a NTFS loop-mounted filesystem, installed by Wubi. I do know that there are some very specific Wubi related patches in the kernel, which I don't have the source to, so I can't rebuild the hybrid kernel myself.

Ian

Beans

Re: Wubi and Xen

Works like ordinary Ubuntu

Beans

So, if I install the ubuntu-xen-server pseudo-package, copy the resulting kernel over to /media/host/wubi/boot, modify my menu.lst file to use the new kernel, it will work no problem?

Ian

Beans

Ignore the part about copying the files, I just saw that /boot was linked to /media/host/wubi/boot, so its a moot point. But, the Xen kernel will work unchanged? I guess all the heavy lifting is in the initial RAM disk?

Ian

Beans

OK, I was able to get it working. When I installed ubuntu-xen-server, all I had to do was change (in Windows, not Ubuntu) the /boot/xen-* parameter to /wubi/boot/xen-*, and it booted successfully.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ian

Beans

Angry Re: Wubi and Xen

Hi All,

I have Installed xen-hypervisor-amd64 on Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64 wubi dual boot with win7,

sudo apt-get install xen-hypervisor-amd64
    sudo sed -i 's/GRUB_DEFAULT=.*\+/GRUB_DEFAULT="Xen 4.1-amd64"/' /etc/default/grub
    sudo update-grub
    sudo sed -i 's/TOOLSTACK=.*\+/TOOLSTACK="xm"/' /etc/default/xen

Now the issue is that i am unable to boot with xen kernel,

I have tried lot of things like finding menu.lst in boot/grub in win7 but cant see it,

Please help me with this if possible,

Thanks

Subhranshu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

This thread is very old. There is no more grub-legacy with wubi so the comments above do not apply. I would advise creating a new thread instead.