Thread: Removing XFCE

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Removing XFCE

Running 12.04 with Cinnamon as my DE and I wanted to remove XFCE. I used the following command:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove xfce-keyboard-shortcuts xfce4-appfinder xfce4-cpugraph-plugin xfce4-dict xfce4-fsguard-plugin xfce4-indicator-plugin xfce4-mailwatch-plugin xfce4-mixer xfce4-mount-plugin xfce4-netload-plugin xfce4-notes xfce4-notes-plugin xfce4-notifyd xfce4-panel xfce4-places-plugin xfce4-power-manager xfce4-power-manager-data xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin xfce4-screenshooter xfce4-session xfce4-settings xfce4-smartbookmark-plugin xfce4-systemload-plugin xfce4-taskmanager xfce4-terminal xfce4-utils xfce4-verve-plugin xfce4-volumed xfce4-weather-plugin xfconf xfdesktop4 xfdesktop4-data xfwm4 xfwm4-themes xscreensaver xscreensaver-data xscreensaver-gl xubuntu-artwork xubuntu-default-settings xubuntu-desktop xubuntu-docs xubuntu-icon-theme xubuntu-wallpapers
    XFCE appears to be removed (no longer choice in login menu) but the Blue Xubuntu screen comes up on boot up. Is it possible to get rid of that?
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Removing XFCE

You would need to change the theming of the bootloader Grub:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

that is the plymouth theme

open synaptic and search for "plymouth-theme-" there are about ~20 themes
    to change what one you are using run this (the above is to get more themes)
    Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --config default.plymouth
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

@pqwoerituytrueiwoq Thanks that worked perfertly
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution: