Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graphical issues on Facebook.com using Chrome

Beans

Re: Graphical issues on Facebook.com using Chrome

Hi everyone,
    I don't know why the status is "solved", the problem still persist, as alternative solution we're using Chromium, really, Chromium is perfect, but the problem is there.

So I join the list.

Beans

Yeah, this isn't solved.
    In fact, I've had this problem for quite some time. A few months, at least. I looked a while ago when I first experienced it, but there were no threads about the overall broken-ness.

Chrome works fine under Windows 7 and OSX. But I use Ubuntu 12.04 by far the most, and Facebook is completely broken. Many other sites (Logging into my bank account, for instance) have the empty text box issue. The text never shows up in the text field after any amount of time. I just press enter hoping I typed in the correct username/etc...

I've been using Firefox under Ubuntu, but I much prefer Chrome. I have not used Chromium in some time, which I probably will do so here soon, but I imagine it is also broken.

Beans

I've been having this problem with Chrome ever since the upgrade to 22.0.1229.94. Just tried Chromium and it works fine. Tired of all these formatting issues with Chrome. It's happened before where a website updates something and Chrome can't handle the changes so I have to switch to Firefox. I can't say any of these browsers really impress me. It seems I change browsers weekly now for some reason or another problem.

Beans

I also have this problem. I also get patches of graphics missing on http://www.smbc-comics.com/

I'd assumed it was a java or flash issue, and tried installing and uninstalling various versions of flash and java with no luck.

If I switch tabs, and then back to the glitching tab, it seems to fix up the graphics and text I have typed will be there.

Glad to know I'm not alone. I guess I'll install chromium for now.

Had/have it on Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10 64 bit, AMD graphics card, Chrome Version 22.0.1229.94

Beans

I know this might be a slightly late response, but using Ubuntu 12.10 (32bit) with an ATI graphics card and I am experiencing the same issues on chrome. Textboxes not showing text typed into them and facebook becoming a complete nightmare. I experience no such issues on firefox or chromium, but it still would be nice to use my default browser without glitches...

Beans

Apparently this is a Flash plugin problem. This fix worked for me:

http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/07/h...in-google.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

From: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/is...tail?id=135341

Confirm bug on Ubuntu 12.04 x64 with ATI driver 8.96.4 for an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 card using Chrome Stable 22.0.1229.94.

Confirm that using about:flags to disable accelerated compositing does not mitigate bug.

Confirm that launching via 'google-chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing' does mitigate the bug.

I'd suggest there's a problem with both the automated blacklist and the about:flags switch.
    Also it appears that chrome version 24 has this fixed:

assuming that FGLRX refers to the version of the driver then the issue should be fixed for you in Chrome 24 (dev channel and soon to be beta). In the meantime you should be able to bypass the problem by starting chrome with --disable-accelerated-compositing (or installing a newer driver if there is one available).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Talking Re: Graphical issues on Facebook.com using Chrome

Glad to find this post. Just built a new machine thanks to some NewEgg black friday deals. Quad-core AMD with built-in gpu, 8 gb ram. Thought the problem might have been with 64-bit Ubuntu, haven't used it in years and I remember in it's infancy there were a few bugs to work out, as to be expected. Just glad it's a minor Chrome issue and not a problem with the OS. Using Opera in the meantime, but might use Chromium or the .24 dev release.

Beans

I'm running google-chrome-stable 24.0.1312.56 on Ubuntu 12.04 and can confirm that it is NOT fixed in this version. However, the workaround (specifiying --disable-accelerated-compositing) mitigates the issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12