Thread: How can I install php5-curl on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS ?

Beans

Question How can I install php5-curl on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS ?

I have a working server running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-24-generic x86_64), including apache and php. Now I want to add curl support for php by running this:

Code:
    apt-get install php5-curl
    Sounds simple? No. I get this response:

Code:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     linux-image-generic : Depends: linux-image-3.2.0-26-generic but it is not going to be installed
     php5-curl : Depends: libcurl3 (>= 7.16.2-1) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: php5-common (= 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.4) but 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.2 is to be installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
    It looks like I have to upgrade to a new kernel (3.2.0-26) just to get php-curl working. I would prefer to not have to do this.

Is there some way I can install php curl for my kernel version which is 3.2.0-24?

Thanks.

Beans

Re: How can I install php5-curl on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS ?

Here is the answer:

I had thought that it simply wanted to upgrade the kernel. It turns out that there was actually a real problem with dependencies, which occurred as a result of the partition running out of space. After a bit of deleting, I found some more space and installed the new kernel. Now everything works great.