Thread: Where's the EasyPeasy?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Where's the EasyPeasy?

I just tried EasyPeasy 2.0 alpha from a usb. Everything loaded fine, but when all was said and done, all that I have is a plain vanilla Gnome Shell UI with the EP wallpaper.

The previous version of EP had a nice interface configured for netbook operation, which I thought would carry on here. Am I missing something?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Where's the EasyPeasy?

Yes you are. The latest version is over two years old. Apparently the project as abandoned in June of 2010.

You'd be much better off working with an up-to-date distro.

Sadly, the age of the low-resource netbook interface is over because the age of the netbook craze is over.

Beans

If you want something as light as possible, I suggest running a distro such as Gentoo or Arch. Install what you want, leave out everything else.
    Ultra fast, cheap offshore web hosting at MasterClick Hosting

Current special for UbuntuForums members: Half off hosting for 6 months with coupon code UBUNTUFORUMS

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Crunchbang is pretty slick on a netbook once you get used to the hotkeys.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Docaltmed View Post
    I just tried EasyPeasy 2.0 alpha from a usb. Everything loaded fine, but when all was said and done, all that I have is a plain vanilla Gnome Shell UI with the EP wallpaper.

The previous version of EP had a nice interface configured for netbook operation, which I thought would carry on here. Am I missing something?
    Actually, the announcement post clearly states that Gnome Shell is the default UI. It has pictures too. Perhaps it would have been better yo express your disappointment there rather then here.