Thread: Canonical asks desktop users to "pay what you think Ubuntu is worth"

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Canonical asks desktop users to "pay what you think Ubuntu is worth"

Threads merged.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

I really wish I had the money to donate to one of the Linux projects, and as soon as I do, I definitely will. Knowing how many people are going to fork over 80 bucks US, to get the new version of Windows 8 and then be disappointed, is disheartening. I know how hard the dev's work to keep all of us happy! Happy to not be using MS that is! Free is a misnomer here, as "time is money" and it takes a lot of time to get whatever distro your using up to it's current standards. I also know it's hard to make everyone happy all the time! That said, for now my contribution will have to come in the form of the written word on my blog site. Since August 15th, that amounts to over 12,000 viewers! So if you want to know what I have to say about the wondrousness of Linux, look no further than; No Thanks, I have Linux! (I had to change at least one word so as not to make merelyjim on the #! CrunchBang Linux Forums think I was stealing his title! )

Moderators, feel free to redirect this post to wherever you deem it should be! This is just where I post the most. I just wanted people to know how important 'we the users' donations are in the continuation and betterment of Linux, and Open-Source projects, really is. Donations can come in many forms, i.e. money, word of mouth, posting something positive on your blog, or even contributing to development etc.

Thanks,
    Jed

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Jedcurtis View Post
    I really wish I had the money to donate to one of the Linux projects, and as soon as I do, I definitely will. Knowing how many people are going to fork over 80 bucks US, to get the new version of Windows 8 and then be disappointed, is disheartening. I know how hard the dev's work to keep all of us happy! Happy to not be using MS that is! Free is a misnomer here, as "time is money" and it takes a lot of time to get whatever distro your using up to it's current standards. I also know it's hard to make everyone happy all the time! That said, for now my contribution will have to come in the form of the written word on my blog site. Since August 15th, that amounts to over 12,000 viewers! So if you want to know what I have to say about the wondrousness of Linux, look no further than; No Thanks, I have Linux! (I had to change at least one word so as not to make merelyjim on the #! CrunchBang Linux Forums think I was stealing his title! )

Moderators, feel free to redirect this post to wherever you deem it should be! This is just where I post the most. I just wanted people to know how important 'we the users' donations are in the continuation and betterment of Linux, and Open-Source projects, really is. Donations can come in many forms, i.e. money, word of mouth, posting something positive on your blog, or even contributing to development etc.

Thanks,
    Jed
    Post moved to more appropriate thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post
    Threads merged.

Now you've polluted a positive thread about this with a very long negative one.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    Now you've polluted a positive thread about this with a very long negative one.
    I have?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post
    I have?

The new thread seemed kind of positive about this, and the old thread you merged it with had a lot of negativity.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!

I only moved the last two or three posts and they don't sound that bad...

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819