Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: update advise

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    green bay, wi
    Beans
    2,189
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Lightbulb update advise

    should i update my 12.04 to 12.10 now or wait until the rc comes out thursday. or should it make no difference because if i update today 12.10 should be updated to the rc by friday.tks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Just call me JF
    Beans
    1,052
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: update advise

    At this point, wait for the release candidate.
    1) Dell Studio 1749: i5 540 (2.5GHz), 8GB, ATi 5650, Intel 5300AGN XFCE@Manjaro-x64
    2) Lenovo X61: C2D T7200, 2GB, Intel HDA, iwlwifi, XFCE@Manjaro-x64
    3) Compaq Mini 311c: Atom N270 (OC@2.0GHz), 3GB, Nvidia ION, Broadcom G+BT XFCE@13.10x32

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    48
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: update advise

    Wait for RC

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    green bay, wi
    Beans
    2,189
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Lightbulb Re: update advise

    tks will do

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: update advise

    I would wait. More bugs now than there was in the last 4 months.
    UsingTheTerminal and PopularPages A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.

    Smile today, cry tomorrow!
    ( Read this everyday )

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    green bay, wi
    Beans
    2,189
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Lightbulb Re: update advise

    yea that seems to happen a lot right before the rc release

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Beans
    1,175
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

    Re: update advise

    Is there going to be an rc release?
    I thought i read it was going from beta 2 directly to final release on October 18th....
    When is this rc release supposed to come out?
    And if there is one, could you just roll into next week's final release by doing the updates?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    48
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: update advise

    Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    Is there going to be an rc release?
    I thought i read it was going from beta 2 directly to final release on October 18th....
    When is this rc release supposed to come out?
    And if there is one, could you just roll into next week's final release by doing the updates?
    RC will be out today. (Thursday)
    ¨
    18th is Final release

    and yes you can upgrade to final.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Beans
    1,175
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

    Re: update advise

    Thank you, Viiral

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •